Friday, January 25, 2013

Orly neon, OPI DS and China Glaze turquoise swatches

Here are a few photos of the nail polishes I posted earlier I got today;). Have more swatches coming. Playing catch up finally. Hubby is working late so decided to swatch some colors.

I have Orly Beach Cruiser, this is a great bright neon pink. Orly polish goes on great took two coats, very shiny and brush is amazing no complaints:).

I applied a base coat of Butter Lodon on all nails. No top coat since just swatching tonight.

Next up is Orly Melt Your Popsicle, this is a bright neon orange. Reminds me of a orange Popsicle and I can't wait to wear this on my toes this summer. Love a great bright orange on tan toes:). Orange really brings out a Florida tan. This polish I did two coats but 3 would be perfect cause nail line was still slightly visible. On shorter nails you may not notice as much. Make sure when using bright neon colors you always start with a base coat cause these stain bad.

I also got China Glaze Turned up Turquoise. This polish is like some of the many other china glaze polishes I have had, watery and applies weird. Also it dries flat which surprised me cause in the bottle it looks shimmery. I think if I applied a good top coat it would look shiny. I used three coats cause it was streaky it almost seems like it is watery. I also used China Glaze For Audrey. I love the Tiffany blue shade but have found a couple I like better. This one is also watery needs two thick coats or even three. Was bored so did some of the turned up turquoise on it to see the two Coles together. I actually have a cute summer/spring dress I wanted to use these two colors to do nails and toes when I wear it:).

Last up is OPI DS Extravagance. I love this color and it was bothering me cause it looks like another color I have. I was trying to figure out which one then it hit me, looks similar to Zoya Aurora. I will dig out my Zoya and compare shortly I think the opi color may be darker but I am curious. I will update tonight have to go thru my tons of polish and find it:). This color is good with one coat but applied two. Very pretty color. I didn't feature alone cause I did a separate post earlier that you can see;).

Enjoy swatches and love to hear feed back. Going to hunt for the Zoya to see if we have a dupe.

Meli

No comments:

Post a Comment