Thursday, September 20, 2012

Purple is my passion of the week...

Just finished painting my nails for the weekend. In need of a fun girls night out. Things have been so crazy with my mom falling at Disney and then I have been taking care of her full time from my home while doing my daily mom and house wife duties. My hubby has worked 18 hours then comes home sleeps and works. It has been rough but I still have found an hour to do my nails while kids were showering.

I used my Sally Hansen 1.00 polish it is the hard as nails collection in rock bottom oh wait back up lol, I used Butter Nail Foundation for the first time in awhile as my base coat then two costs of Sally Rock Bottom. Things a gorgeous almost shimmering purple. On my ring finger I did two costs of Milani 3D Holographic 509 HD silver color. I topped the accent finger with Orly Can't Be Tamed which is gorgeous purple and silver different size glitter and hexs. It only needed on coat plenty of sparkles on the brush no need to dig. Then I finished it all of with a quick coat of Out The Door quick dry top coat.

People always ask me about my favorite base and top coats. Posting a photo of them below. I use Butter London cuticle oil or the OPI cuticle oil stick I carry in my purse cause I have a bad habit of when stressed or anxious picking skin and cuticles around nails. Then for base coats I like Butter London Nail Foundation, Sally Hansen nourishing growth formula base, and Sally Hansen Ridge filler. Next up is my top coats. I have always used Sally Hansen fast dry Insta Dri clear. I had a friend who likes to think she is a nail know it all that told me that seche was the best but I had a bottle for awhile and I thought it was thick then had shrinkage so bad my tips would literally chip same day. From being so thick I would see scratches, bubbles and lines so I actually threw it out.

My two all time favorites that if you have not tried are Out The Door and Posche. Then I also use ButterLondon Hardwear, Matte coat and Essie Matte About you. Out of the two mattes I like them both but Essie gives more of a velvet matte and butter London has a more dull matte. They both get two thumbs up from me. Both are harder to find in stores but Ulta usually always has the Butter London:). A lot of people don't realize that some of the men's manicure top coats also work as a matte top coat cause they are flat and have no shine these can be found at Sally's and most beauty supply, best part they aren't as expensive.

Check out my pictures below and I will be sure to edit the photos to add captions when my daughter isn't using my iPad or laptop for homework and studying. She listens to music and researches on one while typing on the other. Amazing, then when I end up getting my hands on them they are dead lol. Hope everyone has a good Friday and I have some fashion finds as well as more beauty reviews. It is also Birchbox and julep box time so I will have those products to share too.

If you haven't entered my two contests click on the links at the top of page in the menu bar, to get a direct link do you don't have to scroll through. Good night;).

Meli~

No comments:

Post a Comment