Thursday, May 2, 2013

Julep Maven May It Girl Box review

May Julep Maven it girl box arrived today:). Was bummed I didn't look at the choices this month and then when it was sent saw some had lipsticks:(. But my box had some cute bobby pins with flowers that I love. I wear a lot of these bobby pins and just recently bought some cute ones at Kohls by LC. These will be worn soon for sure!

This month my box had three polishes like always. I love the colors, thought we would be getting brighter shades with summer coming but we did get some bright colors last month. Quickly I used the blue/purple from the April It girl box and was disappointed in the formula, the color is Eden. It was thick, messy and took forever to dry between coats, when I applied second coat it actually wasn't dry and was so thick the polish smudged and got all messed up:(. I do like the color but won't use again do to formula mess.

I am not sure if they changed the brush too but it feels much wider and thicker to me. I have skinny narrow fingers and my nails are small, makes it hard to not make a mess and get edges without making a huge mess with this thick brush. I noticed this issue still even when the formula is thinner. I am still on the fence about this subscription box, actually looking into some other ones to try over the summer to possibly replace this one. It is great sometimes but when it is bad it is really bad lol:(.

Now let's open my May box, as I mentioned above first thing I saw when I opened my box was the set of four, two different colors, bobby pins with cute flowers. Love these and like I said above, will be using this a lot in sure:). Next up was the cute packaging and then I opened up my wrapped bag to see my pretty colors. I peaked before they arrived so I knew what I was getting but was impressed with the glitter holographic Julep Paris. I usually don't paint my nails the same day but I have been giving my nails a bit of a break for the passed month. Seems the constant removing and painting was drying out my nails. I need to go to the salon and get a pedicure next week so plan to get a manicure also to clean up my cuticles, I have been baking a lot and working with design projects so my hands are a mess.

The first polish, Julep Paris I used below in photos as an accent photo. I can not capture the beauty of this holographic glitter. It looks amazing with gold, silver and rainbow iridescent sparkle, love, love, love this polish, one of my favorite shades now by Julep. Next up I went with Cara which is a pink, nude shade I love. Looks a little different in photos I think maybe cause of my super tan I have. We went out of town for ten days and then been hitting the beach every weekend, I am super tan. The last color I didn't use this time but I always love a dark, deep red. It's called Coco and it is a vampy red:).

Enjoy the photos below and tomorrow will add a couple more in the sun. Excuse some pictures I didn't clean up cuticles or polish I got on sides in some photos then I wasn't planning on polishing and ended up starting another project right after, so nails got messed up on a couple. Wanted yo post review and the swatches early though since I usually don't try colors right away.

Would love to hear about your box or what you think of colors:). Happy Friday and have a great weekend all. Xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Hey how are you doing? I actually got the Boho Glam box this month and I am loving the lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man I am jealous the one month I don't check my box lol and all the lipsticks are in the other boxes=(. Next month I will be on it for sure. I am doing great, still have your package sitting here lol. I got to send this out, I keep putting little things in it like samples, polishes, nail stuff, kid stuff for your girl and more. Lol. How are you feeling? My a/c is broke and waiting for the part, luckily our windows all have screens including sliding doors and we are on the lake so we get a breeze. Still hot though lol. Have a great week girl and we will talk soon xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love the nails and polish colors, great selection. I get the Julep Boho glam box and love it

    ReplyDelete