Saturday, May 11, 2013

No more bulky box spring for master bedroom

Yesterday I went on the hunt for options for lowering our mattress. Wanted it to look more like it does on the Z Galleries website. It has a platform bed look, didn't like how the box spring could be seen over the rail then with our pillow top mattress felt so high.

I hit google and saw some DIY ideas using sheets of thin plywood but didn't want to have to do all that and my husband works a lot so he wouldn't want to have to cut the pieces. Then I hunted for low profile box springs or something similar to what they use on bunk beds, they call them bunk boards which is just plywood with some cloth over it. These options were all $100-$300 for a king size, then I took a trip to Ikea knowing they have tons of platform beds and there it was a king size slated wood mattress support. Small enough for me to load myself would even fit in the trunk of a small car but I had hubby's pick up just in case I went with a larger choice. Ingot home and it fit perfect. Now my bed looks amazing. Snapped a few photos before we left to check into a hotel on the beach.

Going to be enjoying mothers day here beach front, which is amazing. This week I will have tons of DIY projects using spray paint, making pillow covers, decoupage projects and outdoor projects. My creative juices are flowing and my house is getting a lot of color. Can't wait to share my ideas and projects. Stay tuned. Happy mothers day to all the moms out there. Happy decorating and crafting:).

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment