Friday, May 3, 2013

Decorating for summer

I have always decorated for every holiday and summer is usually July fourth, but this year I am loving the bright summer colors, felt inspired. Today I took out what I have already then made a trip to Nordstrom's and Homegoods. I got some amazing rugs one large one for my teens room, which matches the new bedding I grabbed her at Nordstroms. I also got two smaller rugs that match but for my kitchen and the sliding door in dining room going to pool.

I still need to get a table runner, or placemats, centerpiece for dining table, a few super bright kitchen towels, and now thinking about doing the guest bathroom in a cute summer beach flip flop theme. I absolutely love the turquoise, bright pink, like green, orange and yellow. These colors make me feel happy. I have been slowly changing up every room in my home and trying to get away from neutral and brown. We are shopping for a large custom sectional, we have a large living room that is narrow but long, we need a selectional to get the most seating out of space. Having two kids and a cat we love leather, also being in hot south Florida it stays cool. I originally wanted a dark brown but now I am open to a lighter brown and nailhead trim is a must lol.

I saw two orange table runners today at Homegoods, one was a chevron pattern the other was a Moroccan trellis look. I am mad now I passed them up because we all know how HomeGoods is, buy it when you see it because it will be gone fast. I went back today to get bright sheets for my daughter's bed, this is hard to find because she has a queen bed with a super deep pillow top mattress, usually the bright fun colors only come in twin or full but yesterday saw purple, pink and lime green by Ralph Lauren. I have a lot of set of Ralph Lauren, I use to buy only that brand for awhile because I loved the soft sateen cotton. When I went back today all they had was green. Went to Marshall's though and grabbed hot pink now I have to go back to my store to scoop up some hot pink king size pillowcases.

Below are some photos of my front door, new rugs, teens new duvet and shams, (pillows are old) then some items I took out of storage bins along with a few new ones. Have some shell napkin rings that I plan on attaching the flip flop wooden pieces from craft store to so I can make cool summer napkin rings. Will post more photos sometime in the next couple weeks:). Super super busy couple weeks ahead of us, hope to have the reveal of our master bedroom which is almost done, just waiting on the amazing Z Galleries bed hubby got me:). It is coming next Wednesday! Yay! I will be busy hanging stuff and organizing to take a ton of photos. Also think I will have a update on guest bath, kitchen and then dining table. Stay posted

No comments:

Post a Comment