Thursday, May 16, 2013

Time for my May 2013 Birchbox review

Sorry I know I posted a couple days ago about getting my box but had two Ipsy bags to review and also got a lot of cool samples this week I will be posting about later. Been busy with my kid's school and sports events, finishing master bedroom, updating house, selling and cleaning out house to sell items online or at garage sale, earning money for new summer decor and fashion:). Out with the old and in with the new, bright and happy. All my new uplifting mottos. I have been doing amazing lately, honestly best I have felt in years. I don't want to jinx myself tho lol.

Onto Birchbox, I did get any of the special home or garden bonus boxes from last month. I have had bad luck with mystery or themed boxes lol. Figured save my money and stick to what I like or know. I started these boxes for items to review for my blog but now I am starting to get items from different companies and marketing reps for companies or brands. Debating to keep or cancel. For now I love mail, been getting surprises lately and I am so grateful. Now to get more followers. It isn't easy but I'm working hard. Following tv trends, posting more and going to have more pics of my daily outfits, how to accessorize, shopping for deals, interior design photos, baking pics, and much much more. Also have a contest coming in the next couple weeks to get followers. Going to giveaway some summer items. Thinking summer fragrances, sandals, sunglasses not sure will have more details once I have all the items. Also going to have a home decor contest with prizes for best update to a room on $100-200 budget:). Should be fun.

Again no more rambling lol, my Birchbox for May review..... In passed months I been getting a lot of dupes of same brands, and less exciting stuff. No nail polish:(. Plus was hoping this month would be summer stuff. I did get a sunscreen though. Would love to see some items for skin care for summer and hair care, manicure or pedicure stuff and maybe some hair clips.

First up I will start with the pen. Being an ex waitress bartender and teacher/office worker I love pens, use to call myself a pen hoarder before I quit smoking I had a purse full of pens, lighters and hair bands lol. I actually bought these same pens and love them, they are Pilot, Acroball pens by pure white. Everyone wants their pens to be stylish right? Birchbox chose this pen for that reason saying, we love Pilot's latest pen innovation, the new Acroball PureWhite hybrid ink pen. Sounds like a fancy car, but I have to say I am picky about pens. I like ones without caps that snap in and out, has to write smooth and feel comfortable in my hand. This pen is all that. Love it. I give it two thumbs up and five stars for sure, great pick Birchbox. I love the color, writes amazing and clicks in/out. Birchbox goes on to say, Acroball PureWhite offers vibrant ink colors and all the smoothness of a gel ink pen without the smudging or smearing, very true from my experience. Us color blocked grip is comfy, on trend and comes in a variety of gorgeous shades. I have to say it is comfortable and I write a lot. I journal daily along with signing papers and doodling with my kids. I have two in every purse and some in almost every room of the house. I have the pink like the one I got in my box and aqua, purple and green. The colors are vibrant and you can get regular ink colors in same grip and shape. Also we get a coupon for $1.00 off at Target or Walmart. This one you need to try if you have a pen addiction like me. I also love colored pens for my calendar I use different colors for each kid and for certain events. Makes journaling much more fun too.

Next up is another brand I love and have tried before so I can give my feedback on this item. Miss Jessie's Original Jelly Soft Curls. I love all the Miss Jessie hair products. Myself and both my girls have curly hair, I tend to straighten mine often and so does my older daughter, our hair is not spiral curly more soft curls and wave, but my little one has Shirley Temple curls. I use this product in her hair daily. My favorite is the Pillow soft curls but this one works well also. Jelly soft curls is a brand new gel that boosts shine and tames frizz yet doesn't leave hair sticky or crunchy. This is important with curly hair. You want your hair to look and feel soft almost natural but it is hard especially in south Florida with the humidity, plus curly hair tends to frizz without the climate effects, this product is amazing. I use this, Crack hair fix and Mouse by another brand I will write about later that makes hair soft, smells great and doesn't make it look crunch or feel sticky. You appt a small amount post shower to damp hair and let dry. Retails for $14. I post photos of my daughters and my own hair, when I wear it curly on my instagram, I get a lot of compliments and people always ask what do we use. Especially my little one, at least a few times a day someone stops and asks me what I use in her hair because it looks so soft and her curls are ringlets. Five stars for Miss Jessie and try pillow soft curls, smells amazing and leaves hair shiny.

Next Coola, classic face SPF 30 cucumber moisturizer for face. This one I will have in my travel bag for beach or vacation. I got a great line of samples to review for my blog, coming soon from Oil of Olay and the daily morning sunscreen and moisturizer is all I am using for now. Have my routine down for summer to protect from sub damage. This product says, Coola is a mineral sunblock infused with organic anti aging ingredients like evening primrose, which I love, and borage seed. Retails in full size for $32 a bottle.

Fourth item is one I have tried before Marvis, classic mint toothpaste. A stylish Italian import with an invigorating peppermint flavor. Retails for $6-10.50. I am a Colgate lover, I can't stand crest toothpaste every style I have used by them makes my mouth feel dirty even after several times brushing, Colgate always makes my teeth feel fresh and clean like objst left the dentist, I am crazy about brushing and flossing plus I have sensitive teeth gums and mouth. This toothpaste is good but I am not one for peppermint strong tastes and it is expensive for a small tube. No need to over spend for a fancy import when good old Colgate made in USA works fine, the best I have found:).

Last up, excited to try this, Cargo eater resistant blush. I though it was lip balm because of the packaging but then I read the label and was surprised to see it was blush, water resistant at that! This waterproof pigment stays put and gives skin a gorgeous flush. Full size is $26. I will be working this into my makeup routine when I do apply full makeup, which is not often only special occasions or when I need some color. Right now I am tan and skin looks great thanks to my new products and routine. I will share more this weekend.

That's my may 2014 Birchbox reveal. Excited for my June boxes. Have to update my Julep profile since they have makeup now have to be sure to check boxes so I can pick the one I want next month, was bummed I didn't get any lipstick.

Let me know what you got, or what subscriptions you receive and love. I love to share and hear from readers. Also please help me as I work to get more followers. Share my page and check out my eBay store, listed new stuff today and more to come weekly.

Weekend is almost here and tomorrow my baby graduates from preschool. Got her a cake, decor, presents, a fancy dress and her cap and gown is ready. I can't wait:). Enjoy your evening all. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment