Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Z Gallerie surprise

I was surprised today to get a package, inside was a set of gorgeous Z Gallerie curtains I have looked at before and even considered the bedding. I love the aqua and the gray. I opened the box to a thank you card, 10%off coupon, some cute white tie backs for the curtains, two pillow covers in awesome bright summer yellow and orange, then a set of silver nail head trim coasters from Z Gallerie. I was beyond psyched because I have been looking for curtains and every pair I like are so expensive. I had a gorgeous real silk gold pair I got awhile ago when I got the Ralph Lauren bohemian bedding, but since I changed my entire color scheme. I am getting away from the safe neutral brown and tans now, exploring colors that make me smile and feel happy.

At first I was not sure how I would like these dark gray, pretty much black and white curtains. My room is gray with white moulding, then white bedding with gray trim, then my accent colors are pink, aqua and turquoise. I have a duvet I like but still looking for a hotel looking or Moroccan feeling pattern nothing to bold cause I change my mind a lot. Lol.

I finished up my crafts I had started and then had to hang these curtains. At first I considered returning them but since they were free I felt bad and wanted to see how they looked. The note inside said they thought they would look bold and break up all the gray with white. I hung them and wow! They are amazing quality:). They actually hang well, weren't all wrinkled out of the package, plus they met in the middle with just four panels, usually it takes six, three on each side. They are 96" long which I like because I like the billow effect on the floor plus like them to start right below the molding to make the window look taller since all we have is the sliding door in our room. I still need to play with them more but I love how I got the two white tie backs also, those are a must to make them look nice. I hate verticals but with sliding door they are the best and most energy efficient, you get more privacy especially in a bedroom. Curtains alone look weird to me but after living in south Florida this long verticals have grown on me lol.

I wanted to do a valance at the top or cornice but now I don't know because these make such a statement. If I already didn't have my accent pillows I may have gone with a white duvet with black stripe. I do like the gray or turquoise trim though and I love the matching bedding from Z Gallerie in gray or aqua lol. These curtains retailed for $59.95 a panel at the store. The tie backs were 8.99 and the coasters were $19.95. I almost bought a little tray in white and teal chevron at TJ Maxx over the weekend to set on the corner of bed when made, to have my tea, books and some silk flowers but hubby would kill me lol. He hates how I set up our house like a model home. I have dining table set up for dinner lol and bathroom looks like someone is getting ready to shower always with a rolled towel out and loofah. I always have been this way because I am so into interior design.

Yesterday we came home to a hot house after a long, fun, family day at the beach. About an hour after we got home there was a boom then loud whistle seems our air compressor I've heated and the plug blew off:(. Thank God for large windows and living on the lake because the guy came today and looks like Wednesday the part will come. No AC for now:(. I don't mind love having windows open, I have been dusting, painting and doing some late spring cleaning. I clean all the time but when the windows are open it is great all the dust gets out plus everything gets aired out, which here in Florida doesn't happen often.

Hope you enjoy the photos below of some more of my spring decor, some peaks into my master bedroom renovation and also my curtains. I have a lot to do still. Got to get a few things this week to finish my summer decor, rugs, pillow covers, decorative accessories and just finish setting up how I want, for now it is kind of just set up as good as I can with what I already had. I have fabric for pillows and some dye to get brighter colors in, paint for a couple accent walls, and decided to do the girls/guest bath in a summer beach theme for a few months. Going to box up an store the Paris diva themed stuff till August. Can't help myself lol. Also painting there bathroom and my hallway finally. Watch for a great stencil wall, and stripes:). I have been feeling great and been in an amazing mood which inspires me with design. I finished a couple projects for clients that I need to get photos up on my business blog page and fb page also. Going to be a fun and creative summer, can't wait to share with all my readers new and old. Plus my master bedroom will be finished this weekend I hope, maybe a few small details I will have to fine tune but can't wait to hang my art and mirrors:). Best of all my new bed. Have a great mid week and would love to hear what you think of my curtains.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment