Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Master bedroom deal hunting

I have been working on my relaxing an soothing gray, turquoise and purple bedroom with lots of white those are the accents. Lots of silver and mirrored stuff very Girly and peaceful.

I started with some bedding I bought last year but later decided I didn't like it which I am mad at myself cause it wasn't cheap but still it is nice ad makes a good spare set. I bought the set of bedding with just an idea of how I wanted my room. Being a interior designer by passion and at heart I usually have a bigger plan this was more an impulse buy. Bedding usually comes later I usually pick a color scheme, purchase furniture, then soft scape like bedding, pillows, rugs etc, then accents. I did it all wrong was obsessed with animal print and bohemian design so bought what I saw and thought was my perfect bedding. Don't ever do this unless it is super cheap. It was in sale and way cheaper then retail was but still expensive in the long run lol.

I knew I wanted an upholstered headboard without spending thousands so bought one of the Internet for $300 it is brown and has silver nail head trim and button tufting love it. Wish now maybe gray but can always recover. I don't like matching bedroom sets like you buy at te furniture store I like eclectic and vintage furniture or Asian/Moroccan influenced pieces. I have tons of Asian and Moroccan accents from our prior bedroom so I held onto them.

I think I explained before I got some vintage French dressers and refinished them crisp white with silver knobs and then mirrored silver embossed Bombay style night stands from HomeGoods. I painted my room a silver gray with the addition of white crown molding which looks amazing. I did the wall behind our bed a faux style rag finish with silver, gray, white and a little blue/turquoise color.

I found a duvet and sheets along with pillowcases at target. I also found the skirt there. Still looking for turquoise euro sham covers thinking etsy cause I saw some I loved handmade:). I got an accent pillow at Kirklands on clearance that is white and turquoise then have some silver and purple pillows from old bedding. The duvet is white with silver border that looks like the mirrors I got previously from Kirklands which I was excited to find one more today;).

I can't wait to show the finished look and got my chandelier in route from overstock for dinning room. Posting some photos of some finds all from target clearance, Kirkland's sales and homegoods or Marshall's:). Paid way less then you could imagine have all my receipts so when I'm done I can do a detailed list of my super low budget master bedroom update. Stay tuned an enjoy my bad photos lol

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment