Friday, March 8, 2013

St. Patty's day green with gold accent nail

I was trying for a St. Patty's day look but this green is super dark. It's actually a emerald green and has a gorgeous sparkle to it but can't see in photos. Hoping tomorrow I can capture better in daylight, plus need to clean up around cuticles. For now here is a look at my first St. Patty's day inspired nails I will be trying another green by Zoya mid week:).

This is Butter London British Racing Green and OPI 18k gold Man with the Golden gun top coat on accent nail. I started the manicure with Butter London Nail Foundation base coat, my favorite base coat. Then I applied to thin coats of Butter London British Racing Green. This polish has a lot of pigment and one thick coat would achieve full opacity but I like to apply two thin coats this way I don't get lines when it is dry and dries fast between coats.

Next up I applied two coats of the OPI 18k too coat, Man with the Golden Gun. Love this top coat, my favorite gold too coat. Has large pieces and isn't hard to get nice coverage don't have to fish for pieces. I finished of with Out The Door quick dry top coat. Another favorite of mine:). Dries in minutes and looks shiny. Love it.

Again I love this color but darker the. I wanted. Gorgeous deep emerald green with a nice sparkle when you move your hand around in the light. Will post more pictures tomorrow in daylight.

Happy weekend:).

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog today and started on your St. Patty's day post for 2015 and am now all the way at St. Patty's day 2013 amazing. I was hooked. I feel like I am reading something I wrote or one of my friends. Love your blog and love your taste from clothing, decor and beauty. Thank you for so many tips and ideas. Enjoy your St. Patty's day.

    ReplyDelete