Monday, March 11, 2013

Decor daydreaming

I have been trying to finish this master bedroom makeover, but with vacation around the corner and then summer fast approaching I find myself on a budget.  I have decided that the brown headboard is going, I just purchased it last year but I want gray now.  We ended up painting our room gray last year not long after I got the headboard and now it is time to break down, just get the color that will match.  I love the gray paint so much and I can't handle the brown anymore.  I always have had brown all over the house and I love color so much now that I am trying to get rid of as much of the brown as I can.

I went to ZGallerie with hubby today and love so many of their beds.  My favorite one however is only available in a light gray, that is almost white=(.  I will add the photos from our trip after I finish this post on my laptop, from my phone so you can see some of my favorites.  I love the entire store.  My dream is to win a shopping spree at this store lol.  I would literally redecorate my entire home with pretty much everything from Z Gallerie.  It is one of my favorite stores to go to for ideas, but since I am on a budget I end up hunting all over Home Goods, Target, JcPenney home store and the internet looking for similar items for less.  I love the sunburst mirror from Z Gallerie and posted about it several times, I found a smaller version at Target for $29.99 and have seen a lot of people post a larger version for $150 less then Z Gallerie, that they found at Home Goods.  I look every time I go there hoping I will find one for my room, but so far nothing even close to it=(.  I don't have a lot of room over my headboard because we added a chunky crown molding so maybe the smaller version from Target won't look bad.  I will update on payday when I go measure and see if they still have.  It is a cute, close runner up and the price is amazing.

I have a few bed ideas.  I love the Z Gallerie bed but it is $1499 and it is in a light, almost white color gray.  I love wingback, tufting and nailhead trim.  I have seen a lot in wingback but they don't have the nail heads which is almost a must for me.  The headboard I have now is a velour, micro fiber let me tell you it looks gorgeous, but is a lint, dust and hair magnet.  I vacuum this thing every few days and hit it with the lint brush a couple times a week, but I do have ocd.  Here are some other options I found too.  One is from King's Lane.  I think this is going to be the one I get.  It is way cheaper and it comes in a dark slate linen.  Has the nail heads, tufting and wingback.  Just wish it had more shape to it.  Let me tell you nice inexpensive upholstered headboards, or beds are hard to find.  Since I first fell in love with this style of few years ago they are easier to find, almost every store from big furniture stores to places like Kirklands and Home Goods, even TJ Maxx sell them.  I absolutely love these beds, I read in bed and write in bed so to have a plush comfy headboard to lean on is a plus, then they look so elegant a classy.  Remind me of the 60-70's.  Match perfect with my antique dressers too=).


Z Gallerie bed


One King's Lane bed

I have to get better photos lol.  I will do that today promise.  They seem to have saved smaller and one is blurry.  You can also find the bottom bed on Joss and Main I believe.


I also have been busy looking for fabrics to order or purchase for euro shams, accent pillows, valances and more.  I found several options on Pinterest.  I think some are available on Etsy while others I do not know exact retailer.  I purchased two of them from Joann's fabric by my house.


This is a photo I pinned on Pinterest back around the beginning of the fall.  I found the chevron fabric right away but was looking for the floral fabric high and low.




Behold I found it=).  Yay!  I can't wait to start my pillow covers and a valance for the bathroom.  My color scheme went from gray, blue and white to a touch of pink.  I love it



Planning to make a valance maybe for over the sliding door with chevron, still looking for the perfect curtains.  

I have decide to do the bathroom and bedroom the same color scheme.  My blue is a turquoise almost aqua color then the pink is coral pink.  Love love love it.

All I need now is a large rug, I purchased one awhile back ago from Ikea in gray and white that is smaller for beside my bed, I would like just one large rug to place under the bed since we have wood floors, I like to get out of bed and step onto a rug.  I like having one under the bed so that it sticks out around the sides and foot of bed so when I wake up in the middle of the night I walk around the bed on rug and not wood.  I found this one from RugsUsa.  I would love to order it but not sure if the cost is in my budget.  I am also on the fence because I own or have owned a few wool rugs over the years that end up being a mess everytime you vacuum them.  Usually they lint up and become hairy.  I don't know if anyone else has purchased or owns one of these rugs let me know how it has been for you.


Rugsusa.com


My ultimate fantasy is to one day get my blog popular enough to get amazing stores and vendors to send me samples of items or gift cards to purchase items to remodel or update rooms.  I love interior design, I actually do interior design jobs for clients but hope to one day take it to another level and own my own design firm.  It is a huge dream but I have heard of crazier things happening like winning the lotto lol.  I shop at so many stores and show off photos of amazing items I find at a lot of these stores, so hoping one day they will stumble across my blog and like what they see.  I have a hard time building up a large following but just continue to write about what I love and what I find, hoping it catches on one day.  I am happy to have gotten more of a following and hope to continue to grow.  I was contacted by someone from Kohl's awhile back who works for the company and loved how much I mentioned their store, sales and products.  I know one day someone from a interior decor store will like something I wrote about their store.


Off to daydream some more while I wait for my oldest daughter in her car pool line after school=).  I have so many amazing ideas, been sketching a lot, bookmarking and hunting.  Once I get back from vacation I will post photos of before and afters from my home.  Every room is different colors, styles but all flow amazing.  I have so many people come to my home and compliment me on my decor and design skills that I love to share with others.  I also have a portfolio of my interior decor jobs that I have done the passed few years that I need to scan photos and upload on to this page so you can also see other jobs I have done.  I have been very lucky to do a few huge homes, with amazing budgets.  When you have a large budget you can do amazing work trust me.  One day I will finish my bedroom, but then I will move onto another, then another and another project.  My home is never done lol.

Happy Monday=)

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog. I like how you post about lots of different things. I always check to see what nice deals you find at the stores. I went to my local TJ Maxx last week and found a MK bag thanks to your posts. I never would have thought to look there. Keep posting your finds and be patient in time more people will discover your blog like I did and love it.

    ReplyDelete