Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Master bedroom, hollywood glam gray and turquoise

I have been redoing my master suite for awhile, almost a year.  Started out I was intending on a hollywood glam meets boho chic.  I had amazing bedding by Ralph Lauren and after setting it all up looked way to dark for me.  I wanted something light, bright, relaxing and soft all at the same time.  Not a tall order right?  For me everything seems to get turned into a huge project of constant changes.  I finally had picked the colors when I had to chose the wall color.  I went with Gray from Benjamin Moore I believe the color is Sparrow.  It looks amazing and with the white crown molding and base molding we love it.

I wanted a luxurious upholstered headboard.  This is a style I had loved for years and they have since made a huge come back.  At the time I wanted one they weren't in high demand and not as many people made them.  Now I see them at Marshall's, Homegoods even Kirklands carries them lol.  I ordered an inexpensive one from online but ordered Brown since my room was going to be neutral.  I always played it safe but now I love color.  I have dreamed of a bed from Z Gallerie for some time and have been saving.  I actually am very close to being able to purchase it and hope to have the bed by the end of the month or when we return from our vacation.  I have mentioned before I got antique french provincial dressers that I re painted myself white with silver knobs.  My husband and I love asian and moroccan decor so we have tons of Buddhas, lanterns, foo dogs, and other asian statues.  I love the lotus flower and have several asian tattoos so I have some lotus flowers also through out the room.

I want white bedding.  I purchased a comforter/duvet cover from Target that is white with gray/silver border that will do for now but I want my bedding to feel like a fancy luxurious hotel bed.  I stayed at the Wyndham Resort at Bonnet Creek with my mom back over the summer and have since been back once, I love their bedding.  I have to have a down comforter, white duvet cover, and luxurious white sheets.  I then am using turquoise/teal and gray as accent colors with a subtle amount of purple mixed in.  I had the purple from the darker bedding so decided it matched, plus bought a chair I love and until I can find room in my home wish list expenses to buy a replacement in gray or teal this one looks gorgeous and I love it.  Right now I have everything except the dream bed, for now my bed works and is gorgeous.  Then I want a mirror for over the bed, I have a mirrored frame their now with a sign reading "Every night kiss me goodnight" which was a gift.  I want to put the mirror on the side above security camera tv and get a sunburst or moroccan looking mirror over bed.  Below are some of my favorites from Target and Z Gallerie.  Showing the high and low cost items for those who are like me a budget conscious.  I will splurge on the bed, and some of the linens but will save on accessories for sure.


Above is a mirror I am purchasing from Target. Made by Threshold. $29.88



An option for the mirror this one was Z Gallerie $499


Target Pillow $24.99


My Bedding I have now from Target


Love this bedding above.  Colors are perfect, also from Target


Pillow from Target.com


Z Gallerie Pillows I love $69.95-$99.95
Not in my budget but can find similar patterns and designs for less


Z Gallerie Rug I love


Photo from Z Gallerie.com Love the bedding, rug and colors 

Z Gallerie bedding


Love the stripes in gray or blue with white from Z Gallerie


Similar design pillow to one I love and this one is from Target $29.99


Z Gallerie Pillows $69-99.95




Turquoise Pillow from Target


Z Gallerie bed I like, but not the one.  I want a wing back look with nail head trim and tufting in velour/microfiber gray=).


Throw above and sheets below from ZGallerie.com



More photos to come of headboards and beds I love, can't get them to upload so going to have to come back later.  


No comments:

Post a Comment