Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What is inside your bedside nightstand and on top?

I wanted to post a couple photos of my pillows I have for my bed. I posted some photos of some new fabrics and then some new colors I want to bring into the room. Right now I have a lot of blue, kind of a turquoise aqua blue and gray. I also love white and silver Asian pieces. I have foo dogs and lots of Buddhas.

My night stand is my favorite part of my room because I keep the essentials. What do you have in or on your night stand? I took the nightstand that has two drawers versus the one on hubby's side that has a drawer then a lower shelf. The bottom drawer has photos albums, heating pad, neck massager, a bath and body works back rubber/massager I force hubby to use one nights my back is killing me, a pair of soft fuzzy scented with lavender socks, some foot lotion, sleep hand cream and some lavender pouches for my pillow. Top drawer has medicine and vitamins in a child safety daily organizing container, reading glasses, nail file, eye cover for sleeping when needed, phone cases, my phone charger that I ran through back of the drawer, pen and notebook, retainer, lip balm, eye cream, cuticle oil, lavender spray, cute little feather(adult item) then an amazing Slumber parties 3 in 1 massage candle in earth angel scent. I'm sure there are more little things I forgot. I like to keep everything I can think of I may need before bed, in middle of the night or morning. I'm actually waiting for my dollar store to get the drawer organizer I have in my bathroom drawer. I also have a hair brush and some hair ties.

On top of night stand I have a lamp, I am a reader. I love to read as much as I enjoy writing, baking, blogging, decorating and photography. Every night after I shower and do my evening beauty routine I lay down with my five year old and read her versus from the bible. Right now we are reading up on the message behind Easter. We love to read together and it takes me back to my childhood being I was raised pretty strict catholic but attended a baptist school also.

After we read from the bible I usually read her a book of her choice then she usually will go to bed and that is when I read whatever book I happen to be into at the time, usually something I pick up at the library. I love suspense, thrillers, novels, art books, healthy eating and living books, interior design books and lately photography books:).

I have a silver Buddha I got as a present from my mom. I have two Buddhas on my dresser that are candle holders we got like eight years ago at target lol. I love Buddhas they make me think peace. I have a framed photo from my wedding, and one of my daughters, my favorite bath and body works candle in a silver holder and a white owl, I love owls all my friends and family buy me owl stuff lol. It's like Pepe the skunk stuff I use to collect all his stuff when I was younger even had a Pepe and Penelope cake topper.

I also have a cute little wooden phrase plaque I got from one of my dear and amazing friends that says "well behaved women have no fun". Lol. Back when she gave it to me we use to always be going out dancing and having fun, I would feel bad leaving my kids home and she use to tell me well behaved women have no fun.

I will post a few photos of my items in night stand and the pillows I love. Working on a post with some ideas for colors, accents and other things for my master bedroom and bathroom along with my living room. I'm trying to get rid of the brown. I have always used brown as my neutral and then would build around the brown, beige, tab and cream color with some accent colors. Now I'm trying to get rid of brown and do a lot of pops of color. It's enough to have a brown leather large sectional but then brown in pillows, rugs, decor and accents is too much. I want to paint a wall bright turquoise and already have a red wall and a orange wall. I have been feeling inspired. Something clicked in me a couple of weeks ago and decided to take frustration I had, turn it into energy for pursing my passions. Photography, writing, baking and decorating:). Also shopping lol.

Enjoy photos and will be posting more very soon. Yee, Birchbox and Ipsy should arrive today:).

No comments:

Post a Comment