Sunday, March 10, 2013

Photography Equipment, so many choices

I have been getting into professional photography, I have always loved taking photos.  I also enjoy getting photos taken, whether they are of my kids, our family or for fun.  I love everything that goes into photography from the props, to the layout, poses, ideas for concepts of the photos, and now I am getting into all the equipment.

Photography is not a cheap hobby to take up and then wanting to take it to the next level is even harder then more expensive then you could imagine.  I started with a Canon digital camera and had fun put wanted to get a professional entry level camera and lenses to start working on learning the camera, editing and more.  I suggest taking a class, it is fun and it makes it so much easier to learn your camera. I did a lot of research for months and then narrowed it down to either a Canon or Nikon DSLR.  I then asked for one for Christmas.  After you get the camera it takes awhile to get use to using it, then learning to hold it steady.  After you learn the basics, the classes come in handy for tips on exposure, lighting and shutter.  Also different types of lenses.

Next up is editing, I have a Mac laptop and computer which are both excellent for all graphic and photography basics.  I have photoshop for the Mac and then my daughter has a PC laptop that I have a few different photo and graphic programs for, they are less expensive for the PC and easier to learn, but I do however prefer using my mac.  After that comes printers.  I want to be able to print high quality photos and many different sizes.  I have been researching again.  I have a good friend who took computer graphic design at the art institute and also does photography as a hobby, she has an amazing printer that I have been able to use if I want to that can print poster size prints but the quality is not as good as I like.  I also want my own.  I already own a canon printer that we bought a few years ago that is wireless to work with my laptop.  I love the quality of the prints and have used it for my own personal photos over the years.  It is hard to tell the difference from ones I have had developed or printed professionally and ones I have printed at home.

I have a few in mind and am saving up now, along with saving for a tripod and other accessories I want.  Lenses alone cost a lot so to have several and all the other gadgets this can be an expensive hobby.  I think of the money I can save taking my own photos of events, parties, food, cakes and interior decor work I do for my other blog and portfolio along with money I could eventually make if I decide this is something I want to do as a business.  I think I would love it, to capture memories that will last a lifetime for many families and people would be amazing.  So many possibilities, from weddings, maternity photos, family photos, infant and child photos, and so much more.  I love the creativity and art that goes behind it, can't wait to continue to learn more.

Below are some Canon and Epson photo printers I have been reading about and would love to hear from others who are into photography whether it be as a hobby, for yourself or as a professional.  I love feedback and I love to hear from others who enjoy the same passions and hobbies I do.  Enjoy your evening.

Meli~






All photos are from either canon or epson websites or from google images.  None of the above photos were taken by me or belong to me, using for ideas for printers to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment