Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pretty Spring Pillows

Amazing when decorating your home, if you want to just give a room a update, or if you are bored with the colors maybe even you just want to get in the mood for whatever season is in right now, pillows, rugs, accessories and throws can make a huge difference.  If you are like me, I get bored easy.  I am always changing rooms all over my house.  We have been here five years and I have changed the paint in almost every room at least twice some rooms even more.  I don't usually have a huge budget and a lot of my updates are done on a whim.  I decorate for almost every holiday, right now I have St. Patty's day but plan to change to Easter this weekend.  Spring has put me in the mood for color, lots of color.  I already have color in my daughter's bedrooms and bathroom, then my kitchen is a pumpkin orange that leads into the living room for a small accent wall, I have a red wall at entry way, then lots of orange, red, blue, green, and neutrals like beige, sand, cream and brown.  I am trying to get rid of brown, other then my sofa I want no brown.  I love bronze iron pieces and other then my bedroom and kitchen every room has brown bronze iron.  I love rustic, but I also like contemporary and love pieces with asian or moroccan even some indian flare.

I am in the process of painting a blue wall in dinning room, we have a gorgeous marble top dinning table from Haverty's with matching buffet.   I have a wine, Italian theme going, but have these amazing curtains with some blue and a rug with blue.  I found these gorgeous plates, chargers and linens for my table with blue accents so blue will be my accent color for dinning room.  I have to change a few things and I am currently looking for two gorgeous upholstered arm chairs for the head of the table.  I currently have 6 leather brown chairs I love but like I said I need color.  My bedroom is gray and my accents are blue and pink.  I have a lot of mirrored and antique pieces, right now a brown headboard with tufting and nail head trim, but we are purchasing a full bed since right now we have just the headboard and it will be gray.  Can't wait to finish, I am ordering a chandelier for my closet and painting it turquoise with white cabinets or closet organizers.  I saw great turquoise and white rugs one will be for the closet the other for the little dressing area between the bedroom, bathroom and walkin closet.  I plan to put up a small chandelier in the dressing area, with lots of mirrored candle holders, mercury glass and white hydrangeas maybe a few pink.  Keeping with the turquoise, gray and pink color scheme.  In my bedroom I am looking for silk gray curtains and a cool valance, I have a large sliding glass door and have a double rod so I like black out curtains then a pretty valance topper.

My master bathroom has gray tile, with white vanity.  I saw a great storage shelf with cabinet for beside the toilet I plan to purchase, then some white and gray chevron valances, one for the window and the other for above the shower glass doors.  The bathroom is painted a pretty blue so will keep that.  Right now I had blue and brown in there but I have to get rid of the brown, already removed the brown and blue curtain I had above the shower and looking for a good replacement.  I want gray towels in large, with blue chevron hand towels and then saw these amazing pink with floral organza material wash clothes then will tie them together with a pretty ribbon and add some hydrangeas to the bow for look only.  I have baskets that I use for spare toilet paper and extra towels on the floor, then on counter going to get crystal candle holders with pink, blue or gray candles.  I have a small basket for washclothes and soaps then a crystal jar for potpourri and lots of candles in clear votive holders.  Should look romantic and calming.

My living room will be a big challenge.  I have to get a large area rug with yellows, oranges, greens, blues, I like coral, and love turquoise so I am sure it will be something in those colors.  I already started buying fabric to recover some of the pillows I have already, I hate to get rid of things that are perfect and like new that I bought not that long ago.  I want a coral throw and maybe a printed one with all the colors.   I have several baskets, one is a trunk full of photo albums, the other is a large banana leaf basket filled with pillows and throws for movie night.  I am taking the gorgeous real silk gold colored curtains I have in my bedroom to put in living room, to brighten it since my curtains are brown and have a gorgeous coral and gold silk scarf to drape over top with gorgeous tie backs with all my favorite colors.  I am inspired by moroccan bright jewel tones so this will be an eclectic room for sure.  I have some gorgeous pillows I found on several websites.  From Target.com, Kirklands.com, Anthropologie.com, and Pier One.com.  Love all of them.  Also doing a photo family collage using old frames I plan to paint in my accent colors, then use either fabric or craft paper.  I will use photos, paintings, letters of all of our initials, probably just first name initials and then arrange them around a huge family photo we have already.  I also plan to add some nice bright candles and accessories, I have taken before photos and will add after.  We are in the process of shopping for a custom large sectional with huge ottomans that can all be pushed together to make a large almost bed so we can watch movies all laying together on family nights, something we love to do.  Right now we have a large sofa, loveseat and chair that all recline, but we have outgrown them in this home.  I also hate the glass coffee table, the large leather ottomans are more my taste and will only need one end table, which I plan to do marble top like our dinning set.  I can't wait to start, once vacation is over I will set a budget and step by step show you my DIY projects along with some other inexpensive ways to update rooms for under $150 for living room, $100 for dinning room, $50 for family room and my bedroom after bed will be around $150-200 for bedroom, bathroom and closet.  Only need to paint one wall in dining room and then painting my daughter's bedroom and stenciling my hall way.

Below are some of my favorite pillows for updating your rooms for inexpensive.  Remember if you own a sewing machine buying inexpensive fabric and making pillow covers is a great way to update if you already have pillows, and I have tons and tons of pillows lol.  I also cover books with craft paper to match for the coffee table or side tables.  Looks nice and adds pops of color, you can also add fabric or craft paper as borders in your frames.  I like to paint frames in the current accent colors I am using, usually starting with a white, black or bronze frame, painting the accent color then sanding down for a antiqued look.  I can't wait to start really showing off my creativity and passion for decorating.  I have a lot to show and am proud of my amazing home.  I have to say until I started getting endless compliments on my decor and people asking me where I got my paint, what color it was, where I got my decor from etc, I never realized how good I was at putting rooms together.  Looking forward to my new bed, chandelier, pillows, towels, rugs and then hopefully in the next few months sectional sofa.  Will be hard cause I know I want leather and the classic library looking style maybe with nail head trim on arms, almost library looking but will need to be custom cause we have a long but narrow living room.  Then an amazing accent chair and huge ottomans for coffee tables, so we can push everything in together and make a huge family size movie bed=).

Let me know what pillows you like and I will try to edit later which ones come from which stores.  A lot are from Target, Pier one and Kirklands.  Enjoy,

Meli



Another bed possibility torn between this one and the one I posted before.  I like the shape to this but can't find in King, was so mad that City Furniture had the exact bed I love, seen on Kourtney and Kim take Miami in Kourtney and Scott's rooms, she has cream and he has gray.  By the way Kim has my bedding from Target in the house they are in now on the show lol.











Chair I love for bedroom got thrown in by accident lol




Some bedding I loved the colors of from Target.  Love Target they have some amazing decor right now


No comments:

Post a Comment