Monday, March 4, 2013

Love my March Julep Maven box! Spring Easter has arrived.

I just received my julep maven box for march 2013. I keep throwing back and forth canceling but saw the new colors for this month so decided to go with the box. I am an It Girl and have always kept my box out of all the boxes because the colors are usually right on with my taste.

As soon as I opened the box spring hopped out:). The tissue paper is a pretty pastel blue with a pastel purple bag and blue bow around the polish bottles. I was shocked there wasn's a chocolate egg or something for waste because Julep is always on point with the holidays and seasons. I love the card too, has the polish bottles with chalk and it says "Get ready to play!".
Love it:).

On the back of the card Julep is announcing their first "Be good to yourself challenge". It says, shows us your playful side. Snap a pic of yourself having fun with your new March Julep colors. Then you post onto their fb page by March 14. I will be doing this challenge. The winner gets three months of free maven boxes! I have so many ideas don't know which one I am going to go with. I will be using all the colors for sure:).

Okay on to what came in my box. I got my first lip balm, I have a lip gloss by Julep but this month I got Julep Strawberry-mint lip palm! I am addicted to eos lip balms right now or baby lips but I will try this. It smells amazing only issue is mine was melting:(. But I store my lip balm in the fridge so hoping it will form back so I can use it.

My March Julep Maven box again is the It Girl box, it came with Shenae, this looks like a pastel iridescent green. I can't wait to try this shade. I am loving green right now especially with St. Patrick's day and Easter right around the corner. In the bottle it almost looks like a iridescent white with pastel green shimmer then when you twist or turn it in light looks green with iridescent shimmer, I'm anxious to see what this looks like on the nail.

Next up is Teri and from the bottle it looks like a peach or light coral shade. At first I thought not another orange because I have two orange shades from Julep but when I looked in the light it appears to be a peach or paler coral tone. I absolutely love coral for spring too. I can't wait to remove my polish and swatch these. I will be wearing all three shades and possibly the pastel spring pink shade they sent me for Feb:). Stay tuned. I wish I would have gotten a robin egg blue shade but I do have a couple I have on my wish list so this week at ulta I may have to grab one.

Last up is Julep Simone, this is a pastel iridescent purple. The more this bottle moves in the light the more different shades of purple I see sparkling through the shimmer. Excited since I currently am rocking purple ombré hair:). It looks sheer so I am interested in trying this one out. Hoping I can find time to polish tonight my nails are chipped plus I need to cut them because I broke two over the weekend:(. It's all good we are going on vacation and our first stop is camping, short nails is the way to go. I have been thinking if I want to do fake nails again. Before I had my first daughter from 16-21 I had fake nails but when I was pregnant they said the fumes and chemicals were not good so of course I removed them. Once I had my daughter I saw how gorgeous my real nails were so decided fake nails weren't for me. I think I had them for a few weeks one time since for a wedding but hated how they felt and once I removed them regretted the damage. Only thing I love about fake nails is that the polish stays on longer. We will see.

Below are the photos of my March Julep Maven box:). Ipsy and Birchbox should be coming this week also. I also placed an order with Victoria Secret and Stella & Dot. Can't wait to show some of my new splurges. Have a great week.


If you are considering ordering Julep let me know I can give you my federal code, for every two friends you refer you get a free box plus I have some codes for special deals:).
Xoxo,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment