Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jelly sandwich manicure

Today I was home with my little one who is sick again:(. Going to school made her get the horrible cold again just this time it seems worse. Hopefully she will heal quick cause her birthday is this Sunday.

I decided cause a girlfriend of mine did a jelly sandwich on her nails and sent me photos so I have been wanting to do this, did a sample on fake nail this weekend but had free polish so was waiting. I used china glaze ride the waves a beautiful bright blue. I applied a base coat, then two thin coats of ride the wives. Then I made my own middle coat. Wanted something with glitter and small hex flakes then some small sparkles so I used my dollar tree stars, small hexs and then disco ball silver glitter coat. Waited forever for that to dry.

After a long drying period I applied a no even coat of ride the waves and let dry again. Topped off with clear coat then there it is my jelly sandwich. Look forward to doing more like this and interested to see how long before the sparkles and hexs peel off cause being a mom of two I am always chopping my nails doing lots of interesting tasks lol.

Here are my photos. I am hopefully going to Disney this weekend and have some cute ideas using my Cinderella looking julep blue with a pink shimmer over top. My princess manicure. Stay tuned. Also want to do a post on birthday freebies with links to the sites cause I got lots of free food, beauty products and coupons for my birthday yesterday. What girl doesn't love free goodies:). Yay:) Have a great evening and enjoy the photos please excuse my cuticles been cleaning all day and didn't have time to clean them up:(.

Meli

No comments:

Post a Comment