Friday, August 17, 2012

Perfume review, fruity and fresh floral scents

I recently was looking for a new scent to add to my perfume collection. Some of my favorites that I wear are Issey Miyake L'eaud Issey, Hanae Mori Butterfly and I love Bath and Body Vanilla Brown Sugar.

I normally prefer body spray. I have horrible sinus and allergy issues. I tend to get migraines, stuffy nose and watery eyes from a lot of scents. Also I get skin irritation by a lot of products with scent from shower gels to laundry soap. Can be frustrating but I have had this since I can remember and learn ways around it, like applying sprays to hair and clothes, finding products that don't give me a migraine or make my allergies go crazy.

I am a scent maniac. My house is a fine example. I have tons of candles, plug ins, air freshners etc. My all time favorite home scent is a oil that you burn in a soap stone oil burner with a small tea light. I will write about this more in a future post but the smell is amazing:)! Smells like oranges and has a sensual, fruity smell. Everyone who comes into my home asks me why that amazing smell is. Literally EVERYOnE loves it:). I should sell it.

Back to perfume I wanted to try something new and after going to Marshall's and seeing the amazing prices they had on some perfumes I always wanted to try decided to go to Ulta so I could sample the fragrances before committing. Usually this is a long process for me. I smell it on a card first then narrow down four scents. Then I spray those four scents on my body. Yes for that day I smell overwhelming lol but I have to try on skin to see if it irritates then also over the years I haw learned a lot of American made perfumes do not last long. I like a scent that I only to apply once and lasts all day.

I tried many scents. I am open minded. I started with the ones I saw the amazing prices on at Marshall's and did not care for any of them. I fell in love with this product Pink Sugar hair perfume. I love anything you can spray in the hair to make it smell good. Back to perfumes now lol, my favorite was the new Ralph Lauren perfumes that are numbered 1-4. All four scents smell amazing and they have a body spray. The body spray does not last as long and seems more diluted but the perfumes all lasted decent for rl product and three out of four I would wear regularly. Only one I was not fond of. My favorite was #2 the pink bottle cause it had a fruity but clean light floral sweet smell:). Second favorite was True Religion Hippie Chick, this scent lasted awhile and at first opened up with a fruity scent but as I wore it the scent got this soft floral, sweet smell that I really enjoyed. Last of all was the summer scent that Juicy came out with Viva La Juicy La Fleur this one is stronger like most Juicy scents are. I love JC but their perfumes tend to e a little harsh and strong for me. A couple of them are kind of old lady smelling to me and remind me of my grandma. This shocks me cause juicy is targeted more towards the younger ladies. I do like the original viva la juicy and the peace love and juicy. Both are bearable and I like how they smell after awhile of being on the body but at first spray migraine central and eyes water up. Was sad bought a large bottle of juicy couture perfume at Marshall's for 34.99 retailed for 85 at high end stores had to return it cause I rashed out on wrists and had a headache within several minutes. Had to shower to remove it. The Viva La Juicy flower scent is a lot like the original just lighter and more floral:). I could wear this if applied to clothes and hair.

I think it is funny how my two favorite scents are from Paris and not made in us but I love smells and scents so I am open to anything trust me if I find something I love I will apply I clothes hair etc if it irritates my skin. If it smells good I will wear it:).

Just for reference I like fruity, apple, pear, orange, strawberry, berry scents vanilla of course, lemon, caramel, floral scents and anything sweet, light and delicious smelling:) hope this helps.

Let me know your suggestions I always love to hear what others like and what you recommend for the taste I has in scents. Also keep an eye out going to write a post about home fragrance you don't want to miss. I use to sell party lite candles and like I mentioned earlier on I am a fragrance addict I have a lt of tips and products to die for of you love home fragrance like me. Also some inexpensive tips to achieve these methods and scents without breaking the bank:). Have a great evening.

8 comments:

  1. What i don't understood is in reality how you're not really much more
    neatly-favored than you might be now. You're very intelligent.
    You know therefore considerably when it comes to this topic,
    produced me in my view consider it from a
    lot of numerous angles. Its like men and women are not fascinated except
    it's something to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding.
    All the time handle it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching
    for super movers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I simply want to offer you a huge thumbs
    up for your great information you have got right here on this post.
    I will be returning to your web site for more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new apple iphone!
    Just wanted to say I love reading your blog
    and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the superb work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's actually a great and helpful piece of information. I am satisfied that you just shared
    this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date
    like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every weekend i used to go to see this site, for the reason that i wish for enjoyment, for the reason that this this website conations
    truly pleasant funny stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother recommended I would possibly like this blog.
    He used to be totally right. This put up truly made my day.
    You can not believe just how so much time I had spent for this
    info! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Usually I don't learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and do so!
    Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice article.

    ReplyDelete