Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Spell stole my heart with Lion Heart Collection

Spell and the Gypsy Collective Lion Heart 



I'm so excited to share my new favorite skirt from Spell and the Gypsy Collective.  For me to say that means it really is amazing because I own a lot of the skirts going back many years and out of all of my collections, styles, colors and from new to the older vintage Spell this skirt is in my top 3.  May even be my all time favorite.  This maxi skirt is from the newest Spell and the Gypsy Collective Lion Heart collection, the blush, peach and tan tones really are stunning with the brown tone patterns.  Little floral print adds that feminine look but isn't an all over floral pattern.  



I paired it with the matching Off the Shoulder blouse in sundown, I love the addition of the ribbon ties versus the normal tassel ties.  Another feminine new feature that I adore so much.  A little tip for all of you getting ready and don't have time to break out the iron or steamer, I saw on Spell's Insta story they used a flat iron to help flatten out the ribbon which will get bunched up and wrinkled after wearing.  Be sure to set your flat iron on the lowest setting so you do not singe your ribbon please.  I know my flat iron will go up to 450 degrees I lower mine to 180 and then I am sure to quickly run it over not pressing really hard and it works so good.  My blouse is a size L, the waist is a little big but since it is adjustable with the ribbon tie it is easy to tie the right fit you want then make sure to go around and make sure to fit the pleating of it so you don't have some larger gatherings of fabric, sorry my OCD coming out lol.


Amazing how full this skirt is, isn't it?  The layers of multiple fabrics sewn together are amazing, I love the combo of colors, prints, and the ruffles.  This skirt really has that vintage old school prairie skirt mixed with the 1960-70 classic Indian cotton skirts but to the next level.  Everyone has asked me about the length, I am 5'8 and the length when worn on my high waist lands around my ankle then lower waist it sits just above the floor.  I have on some blush strappy ankle boots with a very small block heel but as you can tell there is no issue for.  I had so much fun taking these photos and was so happy with how they turned out.  Usually out of 20-25 pictures I may like 2-3 then a lot of times I don't like any but I am not posting photos to be a model or try to show of how I look, for me I am sharing photos of my clothes not me.


Accessories are a Turkish coin necklace in silver with matching bracelet I got several years ago on eBay.  I had seen similar ones for sometime priced over $75 and all the way up to $180.  Whenever I find something that is not a brand or designer made it I will search eBay, Amazon, Etsy, and other sites to see what I can find.  When I am investing into Spell drops and other collections by similar brands I have to really take the small left over money from my clothing budget to accessorize.  I don't really need new pieces I have a huge collection of authentic vintage jewelry I have been collecting, Etsy artisan handmade pieces, but there is always a piece I see that I can't get it of my mind.  Sometimes I will see a piece on Pinterest and it is older so you can't find it online anywhere so I will contact one of my favorite Etsy sellers with photos or sometimes ideas I come up with, she always find the most lovely pieces to create the perfect piece that always is more then I even hoped for.  This Turkish coin necklace is made very heavy duty and the quality is amazing, I paid around $6-8 for it and the matching bracelet was $3-4.  I struggle to put the bracelet on when I am alone but I have an elastic one similar with bells from Forever 21 or Charlotte Russe that looks so much like this one and is much easier to put on when no one is home lol.


It is fall everywhere around the country but here in South Florida it is hot and humid.  It was in the low 90's and so humid I was sweating so bad.  I took my photos early before the sun got too hot and wow what a fun time taking photos.  I know I mention this all the time but other then the amazing styles and patterns, quality and fit Spell and the gypsy collective always makes me feel so beautiful, confident and happy when I wear it.  This combo is no exception it is stunning and the fabric feels so good on.  I didn't wear any makeup this day and my hair was a little messy but I twisted some pieces on one side and used a few bobby pins to pin it back on one side.  I really was amazed how good the photos turned out.  These are taken with my iPhone and been working hard to make time to post better pictures then my old selfie style pics I was always posting.  I really am working hard to step up mu blog for all of you.  For reference my maxi is size Small.  If you have nay other sizing questions or any comments feel free to email me or send me a DM on IG and you can always comment below.  It makes my day when y'all leave comments for me.


I promise you if you have the chance to get one of these pieces, which today they had a restock in all sizes and styles. I grabbed the long sleeve sage blouse and I was really hoping to get the moroccan luxe blouse in dusty pink, I have the skirt and sand blouse from first half of the drop and I have to say I don't know why I didn't get it the day I ordered all of these items, it was on my wishlist and it was a piece I knew I already love but I was on a budget so I got this skirt in a S, the mini skirt in sage in a M, Off the shoulder blouse in a L and the green Spell angel tank in a L.  I kind of stuck with my true sizes.  I have to say when I saw some measurements surface on their Aussie site after I already had ordered I was anxious and worried but everything fits me so good.  I can't wait for the sage blouse already have a few pieces other then my mini skirt I was to wear it with.  




Everyone have an amazing weekend, we are heading to the mountains and I can't wait to relax for the weekend.  Peace love and light always xoxo 

Where to shop:

Please use my personal link for Spell and the Gypsy when shopping it really means the world to me and in return I will always be happy to help with product, sizing and any other details or questions you need help with just DM me, I will always be honest about quality and sizing as well as any other things I would want to know as a buyer of this brand.  



Turkish coin jewelry found on eBay 




1 comment:

  1. Wow wow wow wow, this outfit is everything on you babe. 😍😍😍you rock it and you own it. Not everyone can dye their hair pink purple and blue then rock these styles be proud honey.

    ReplyDelete