Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Blue Monday

Feathers, Flowers and lots of Blue....




Happy Monday, last week I was sick most of the week with an awful cold that had me feeling just blah. Was so happy to start this week feeling better and we also had horrible weather last week, it rained pretty much every day but woke up Monday morning to sunshine. The sun always makes you feel good especially when you have had lots of rain for what felt like weeks. 

Today I decided to wear my custom made jacket by my friend Melissa from Australia. You can follow her on Instagram at my_hippy_heart. I have this lovely jacket I actually won last year that she had embellished so amazing. The colors go with my fave hair colors and of course fave colors to wear perfecto. It also has a Hamsa hand or also know as the hand of Fatima patch in the back, evil eye on the front with lovely Turquoise charm. I have not gotten to wear this since winter and with the Florida fall/winter we don't get much jacket or sweater weather but I was pulling out my sweaters, jackets and layers for next week when we go to NC so I pulled this beauty out and had to wear it. 

I styled my denim jacket with the Spell & the Gypsy Flower Child Sayulita birthstone mini skirt. This skirt is amazing and one of my faves, it has pockets which if you follow me regularly you know that pockets are my all time fave especially on my skirts. Love the lace trim on the pockets and the cut of this skirt is different then more recent cup cake style Spell skirts, this one has a more flat front, then lovely ruffle trim. 





While looking for the perfect top, I have the matching blouse for this skirt but its long sleeve and wanted to wear my jacket so was on the hunt in my huge graphic top collection for something that would match nicely without being to matchy matchy. I have a large section of vintage 1970-80's band and Harley Davidson tops, this lace trim white Harley tank is from the 1980's and the colors seemed to look nice especially when I pulled out some Turquoise jewelry. I love the feather graphic with the traditional Harley Davidson logo, and I am so obsessed with their older lace trim style tanks. If you are looking for some of these I have found the best places online would be Etsy then eBay. Make sure to always check the photos for stains, holes and defects. Then remember that sizing on vintage pieces is much smaller. I order newer style Harley tanks and usually do a M or L depending on the cut but vintage I'm a L or XL. 




Accessories are my thunderbird Turquoise necklace I found on eBay, funny story the seller didn't have the necklace listed it was actually on the mannequin she was displaying tops and dresses on but it kept catching my eye. I have always wanted one of the Spell Turquoise  necklaces but have yet to get one of the newer styles. I have lots of their older pieces because when I first came across Spell they were a jewelry and accessory brand, they started adding clothing down the road. At first I didn't order any of the clothing because I was unsure of sizing and being they were out of the country I was hesitant but when I broke down and ordered one of their skirts I fell in love. I had purchased a tee or I believe it was a tank first but then in one order went with a skirt, kimono and tee.  I instantly fell in love and use to wait for their sales to place my orders. lol imagine now most items sell out so fast they don't make it to the sale section, but back then it was a totally different game. 

Bracelet is from Three Wolves Trading Co, another IG boutique with an amazing owner and the best vintage silver pieces ever. I started a collection of thunderbird pieces since I own so many cattle skulls, antlers and feathers now, then even my collection of vintage tribal pieces has gotten so large I have stopped ordering new styles and working on mixing and matching the styles I already own. 



Any questions on sizing or where to buy shoot me a DM or email, or you can always comment below. I always get back to everyone unless my email doesn't notify me or there is some glitch. It has happened but only a few times. Here I have a L in the Flower Child skirt, I always size up on mini or less full skirts for extra material and length. Harley tank is a vintage L, jacket is a XL I believe. 

Cheers to the week and feeling great. Excited for the Spell drop tomorrow and can't wait to share my new pieces this week. Have lots of stuff I have been wanting to wear but with rain all last week it was hard to get clear photos. Also I desperately need to update or get a new iPhone. My camera is taking foggy grainy pics and don't have memory to upload the latest update or operating system. I have patiently been waiting for the release of the iPhone X but starting to get desperate and considering the iPhone 8. Hope y'all have an amazing kick off to October and the week. Peace, love and light always. Xoxo Melissa 

Where to Shop:

Jewelry:


Clothing:
Spell Link:


Vintage Harley Tank


No comments:

Post a Comment