Sunday, August 28, 2016

Spell & the Gypsy Colletive


Spell & The Gypsy Collective

I have always loved the gypsy bohemian style, next to my graphic tee and ripped jeans rocker look I would say is my long flowing skirts, maxi dresses, midi skirts and dresses, camisole tanks, cool graphic tops, kimonos, cool jewelry, fringe bags, and strappy sandals. Boho chic or rocker style are my two go to looks that describe my own eclectic taste and spin on style. I love vintage boots high, mid and low. Turquoise and silver funky jewelry, even my home decor is an eclectic array of bohemian, hippie, gypsy, and wanderlust, or traveled designs. 


When I first came across Spell it was their Byron Bay Australian site, I was googling looking for some nice maxi skirts and boho chic tops and their site popped up. I had been buying no name brand or smaller boutique maxi skirts and dresses or anything that had that vibe I could find online or even in stores, but once I came across their site I was hooked. I have always loved to wear a kimono over my graphic tees or tops to dress them up, and I also noticed Spell had a lot of really cool vintage vibe graphic tees and tanks. It was everything minus jeans and since they had had a few embroidered denim jeans, shorts and chambray tops. It is the perfect line for my style and for me to pick up pieces to help express my inner gypsy soul. 


One of my first pieces was this kimono with feathers and cattle skull design which I got on sale almost two years ago, soon I had a few graphic top and skirts. 


As you can see their pieces go so well with other pieces I already own, some are recent pieces like my lace skirt from Target others are vintage pieces I have found at thrift stores. My Turkish coin necklace and matching bracelet I found on eBay for under $12 for both.


The longer coin necklace can be worn as a belt, body chain or long necklace. Love versatile pieces like that, and have had that since I first purchased my belly dancing scarf a few years back for the Renaissance festival. 


I got this raglan Easy Rider super soft tee on sale from them and also have the tee with roll up sleeves that can also be worn like a tank in grey. Looks great with their skirts, jeans, and even some flare or bell bottom style leggings. 


I got this skirt off eBay for $35 and here paired it with a Spiritual Gangster Wild and Free graphic tank, with a tan solid tank and my Forever 21 fringe bucket bag. This skirt is cute and goes with so many style tops, I am totally hooked on their skirts cause I can wear them with solid tees or a similar tone or print graphic tee/tank. 


On another day wore this skirt with a Free People gauze and lace top with tassel sleeves. My necklace is a gorgeous three layer piece from Lacey Ryan's Maurice's collection. 


Then I have styled it with a pale pink solid Pam & Gela v neck basic top, and Simply Quinn's hand made arrowhead necklace. The half crescent is part of a triple necklace pack I got from Forever21 but my girl at Fawning in love has some alms or identical on her Etsy page, link below also, and Whiskey and bone has a few similar look but in white. 


As soon as I laid my eyes on the Spell grey distressed Festival Fox tank I had to order it. Has a feather on the back and I am into distressed everything. This tank is so soft and the distressing is some of the best I have seen. 


Here back in May/June I paired my tank with a fringe suede style vest, Ettika stacked star velvet choker and a long silver braid. Wearing a long denim vintage skirt from the late 70's not seen in photo. 


This tee is another favorite because blue is my favorite color, especially turquoise, I love to wear and decorate my home with lots of blue accents and all shades. The shorts are also Spell, they have a tie tassel waist and the sides tie up with tassel finished strings. They are so cute on and go perfect with a lot of my tees since blues are my favorite. 


Here wearing the Spell Turquoise Stone Hunter tee with my Ettika beaded chokers. Love to stack my beaded chokers they really compliment all my different outfits and favorite styles.


Their latest collection and I was so excited when I ordered the Turquoise tee above because while I was away over the summer Spell launched their US site.  Prior to them launching their US site I would always have to look on eBay, Free People and Revolve or order from their Australian site which didn't bother me but did take long and cost more for shipping. Most of my eBay scores have been amazing prices but end up paying $12-18 for shipping and sometimes it would take a week to two weeks to arrive. I didn't mind but trust me the US site is awesome and shipping is super fast. 

I wanted this tank and skirt as soon as I see them, had my fingers crossed just hoping the new styles didn't sell out before I was able to order. Missed the army jacket, and another dress I wanted but working on getting them off eBay or their Australian site now. 


My hubby ordered this tank, Smokin dreams and the Babushka floral and lace skirt for me along with the Revolver skirt as part of my birthday presents this year. Found this cool turquoise squash style silver and feather necklace with matching earrings online for $17. My turquoise arrowhead bracelet is House Of Harlow from last summers Rocksbox sample sale. 


This is the Revolver skirt and really wanted the dress but they didn't have my size. I paired it with a top I have had for some time I got at Free People while on vacation. My long brown suede look bolo or lariat necklace that has a choker look with layers of suede material and gold accent feathers I got from Tilly's along with a black one with crystals. The blue and gold inlay bohemian tusk necklace is made by Fawning in Love.  You can find Fawning in Love on etsy, link below and in favorite shops, then you can follow her on Instagram @Fawninginlove to see all her new designs before she lists them.  She has the cutest packing and always is a pleasure to work with, she has custom designed pieces for myself and my daughter, if you visit her Etsy store you will see the Melissa choker which is a design I had her custom make for my daughter after I purchased a beautiful ring and later she created a bracelet that would match it perfectly.  The day the bracelet arrived my oldest daughter saw and thought it was a choker so she asked me to see if she could make her the same look as my bracelet in a choker, she can only wear short necklaces to school because long necklaces aren't allowed, they consider them a safety hazard in the halls and stairs with so many kids rushing to classes.  Laura was so sweet and created the most gorgeous choker for her and then let me know she created one without the center stone then named it after me.  I found her shop on Etsy almost two years ago and purchased a ring from her, after that I have ordered many items from her and she has always gone above and beyond.


This skirt has pockets which for me always seal the deal when trying to decide between one style, pattern or color combo. I have worn this with solid tops, graphic tops and more.  The best thing about bohemian style is that it's all comfortable, cute and can be worn so many ways. I have a ton of tops, kimonos, and accessories. 


Gypsy Witch graphic tank, by Spell is another favorite. I ordered a blue one cause as you can see my black has been worn many times. I was all my clothes mostly by hand, on the delicate setting or steam rack in washer, then always hand or lay out flat to dry so the material doesn't get stretched out. My African beaded turquoise, black agate bracelets and custom Wanderlust gold bangle are from Whiskey + Bone. Can't wait to share more of this amazing designer with you all. Check my prior post for more of my pieces and keep an eye out for them all styled into my daily looks.


Long necklace is the green beaded, Buddha rosary style necklace on sale now at Ettika for $9.99. The skirt is my Revolver Spell and the Gypsy skirt. My shorter necklace is an amazing handmade smoky Quartz mounted in a bullet, made by Whiskey + Bone.  Be sure to check out the Whiskey + Bone shop and follow her on Instagram @Whiskeyandbone, she has so many amazing one of kind designs and unique styles all made with the best quality materials.  


Babushka midi dress and Lace Kimono. Whiskey + Bone necklace and bracelets, use code WANDERLUSTBABE to save 10% off on Etsy, bracelets are a mix of Alex and Ani faves. 


Folk town mid length dress with double tassel neck closure and the Babushka blue floral print with lace detail midi dress. Two of my favorites. Excited to share more of my Spell collection this week as I wear them. Feel very blessed to have been able to buy the pieces I have wanted for some time, trust me they are worth every cent because the quality is amazing and the style is timeless, they will be cute for decades to come. Another reason why I love these designers because their patterns, styles and accessories all have that vintage vibe that is always in style.  

I have had an amazing birthday weekend and thank you for all the wishes. Means so much to me to know so many people thought of me on my special day and weekend. Off to spend the final portion of my birthday weekend with my girls. Peace love and light always, xoxo.


Where to shop:

Spell Designs US site:  https://shop.spelldesigns.com

Whiskey + Bone Jewelry: https://www.etsy.com/shop/WhiskeyandBone  WANDERLUSTBABE 10% off 


Ettika Jewelry:http://www.Ettika.com



www.Ebay.com


No comments:

Post a Comment