Monday, August 8, 2016

Fall trend alert, Velvet


VELVET
Fall 2016 Trend Alert

I always like to try to stay on top of the latest trends and upcoming styles that are going to be hot for the upcoming season. I have seen a lot of velvet, from crushed vintage velvet to soft pastels or classic velvet styles. Everything you can think of from chokers, camis, dresses, skirts, pants, jackets and shoes. Loving the cami slip dress with a pair of velvet booties and a simple velvet tie choker. 

Below are some of my favorite styles from Forever21, Asos, Express and I will make sure to add the where to shop link below with some other cute styles in velvet. For fall and winter I think velvet is a great fabric option for styling with silk, leather and even denim. Excited to see all the amazing designers takes on the new velvet trend. Already seen some pre fall lines and noticed there are a lot of fun velvet pieces along with romantic soft velvet designs. 

Velvet trends 


Vintage vibe deep army green, button front, velvet mini skirt. This skirt is from Forever21 and looks amazing with this cropped, bell sleeve top with V cut neck line. Great for layering boho chic necklaces or the velvet tie choker.  You can find some amazing bohemian chokers and jewelry at Ettika.


I love the velvet looks because they have a very 70's vintage, bohemian feel that I really love. Anything 70's inspired is a must have for my closet. It is hot year round where I live but I think a cute mini skirt, cami or cami style dress and some velvet accessories will be great additions to my closet for fall. A little velvet to add some flare to my fall/winter looks. 

A simple velvet tie choker from Forever21 and only $3.90, they have a ton of cute velvet accessories/jewelry. I always check Forever 21 because you can't beat the prices especially when it's a trend like this that you don't really want to invest a ton of money in pieces unless they are staple pieces that will be worn for years to come. With something like velvet I am not running out to invest in expensive high end pieces I just want to add a few simple pieces I can style with clothes I already own.   My favorite chokers are handmade by Ettika and they have some really cool accessories galore that would go great with the Velvet trends.  


Velveteen halter tie jumpsuit with wide legs by Forever 21. Love the silhouette of this jumpsuit with the wider led and fitted waist, add a kimono or shawl then some great arm candy you have an easy outfit for a night out or late lunch date. 

Express has some really cute velvet pieces on their site and in stores right now. This crushed velvet ruche top, cami dress has a romantic feel and is under $60. Love the vibe of this dress and the top ruching is super cute. 


Asos cami slip dress in pink. Another website I hit when new trends are out and I'm looking for some stylish affordable options for my closet. Love the color and cut of the top. 


This wrap skirt I ordered for myself from Asos. Going to pair it with a lace and silk cami then maybe some lace up flats. Love the wrap style and for some reason pale pinks have been what catch my eye with the velvet trends. 


Asos velvet pleated skirt, love the longer mid calf length and with the ankle tie up platforms this look is super trendy and cute. 


If you aren't ready to take the velvet plunge to deep with skirts and dresses a cute velvet top is perfect if you just want to add one or two simple stylish pieces to your wardrobe. This halter neck cami is also from Asos. Be sure to check out www.asos.com simply search velvet in their search box for a large selection of velvet options. 


For fall and winter I love light weight jackets, bomber jackets have been in trend for a little time now. I really love this velvet pink with grey and white striped trim. This can be worn with jeans or over a slip dress the styling options are really endless. This is from Asos.com. 


Last up, saw one of my favorite bloggers and social media beauties, Sarah Loven rocking a beautiful, romantic pink slip dress with some blue velvet booties and instantly was on the hunt. I love the look and if you also love the look be sure to head over and check out her Insta feed @sarahloven. You have for sure seen her if you are a blogger, stylist, instagrammer, and if you love Spell Designs. She also has photographed a ton of other brands and designers looks that I love. She travels the world with her talented man, who is a photographer and also models some amazing mens looks. I always love to check out her photos and Insta for style inspiration. She is one of my top 5 fashion bloggers and Insta fashion influencers. Love her style and she is super sweet. 

Below are some more amazing velvet styles you can check out whether you want to get several pieces or maybe just add one or two simple pieces you can style multiple ways. I always love versatile pieces that can be worn in many ways. I grabbed the wrap skirt, a simple black tie velvet choker with crystal and stone ends fromEttika Jewelry then a basic plain tan tie choker for styling with my fall looks, looking now for a camp and slip dress for my closet also. Hoping to find some more styles while putting together the below where to shop. Have an amazing week and make sure you go back a couple posts and enter my 20k Insta followers giveaway. Celebrating reaching over 20k Instagram followers. I'm giving away 3 packages with some of my favorite brands, styles and products. Help me spread the word by reposting on your own blog or social media ten send me a screen shot to Dlitefulcreations@ymail.com for extra entries. 

Peace love and light always xoxo

Where to Shop and other hot Velvet styles:




No comments:

Post a Comment