Tuesday, December 8, 2015

From Leather to Lace

Today my post is sharing two looks I wore the passed two days, one is a more rock n roll vibe look with leather and studs and then my other look doesn't have any lace but it's the opposite extreme of the leather look. I decided today to go with a classy Audrey inspired flared full mid length skirt and cropped heart print sweater with heals. My heals I borrowed from my daughter and they are super cute with an ankle strap, gold buckle and simple strap across the toes. 


My lace look if you want to call it that. Both the top and bottom are from Forever 21. The skirt was under $25 and the top was $17. 


The shoes are from Love Culture and cost under $30. Necklaces are by Juicy Couture, one is a blinged out lock the other a key. 







              

The strongest actions for a woman is to love herself, be herself, and shine amongst those who never believed she could. She builds others up because she knows what it is like to be torn down. She never judges others because she has never walked a day in their shoes and knows the struggles she has had to endure all while being judged by others. She doesn't compete with others because she only wants to be a better version of herself not someone she doesn't know, because just because someone seems to have it together on the outside she knows things are not always what they seem. She treats others with kindness, because she was raised to treat people the way she wants to be treated. She is unique, strong, confident and beautiful. 


Something I wrote with a combo of quotes and inspirational pieces I love. I am myself and I love myself. I don't judge or compete and especially don't copy. 



      My rocker look I wore some fabulous faux leather, high waisted leggings I found on eBay for under $6 last week paired with this fabulous sheer studded top I got awhile back from Kohls by Rock and Republic. 


It was raining when I took these shots and got a huge rain drop on the front of my top which can be seen slightly on the left front. Didn't notice till after I looked over all the photos. 

     My necklace and bracelet is also by Rock and Republic from Kohls and were clearance finds a few years back. The top was missing a few studs but had some in a little bag with the tag so I got it and sewed the replacement ones on myself. I got it for 75% off so you can't beat that. Then the jewelry was also clearance because the necklace was part of a set and only had one then the bracelet was stretched out but I fixed that also just buy clipping then tying the elastic pieces tighter. Sometimes it pays to check for damaged or open items because you can save a lot. I don't mind fixing something if the price is good. 


    Last thing I left out from my look are my vintage thrift store find Frye boots. They are in amazing shape, I have had them almost a decade and they had to be close to 5-10 years old when I got them. They are very 80's looking but then again I don't know for sure how old they really are. They looked new when I got them 8-9 years ago. I paid under $30 for them. 

   I hope you enjoyed my looks. The top outfit you can find the pieces still cause they are recent buys, the Juicy jewelry is a few years old but they always have cute similar styles every year. The bottom outfit the top and jewelry are old along with the boots but the leggings I will add a link for the shop I got mine from and also Walmart had some cute leather leggings in store. 

    Have a great week and excited to share some other cute styles this week. Have some amazing motto leggings in olive and black with ribbed leg patch I found on eBay, some rust color Rag and Bone jeans, lots of Pam&Gela tees and tanks, more cute skirts and some other pieces I have not shared yet this season. I planned to shoot some looks for my blog but got rained out over the weekend. We have had the worst gloomy rainy days since last week, so bad areas have flooding and it ruined my plans but had all my outfits laid out and accessorized so I plan to wear most of them this week to share either way. I really want to get some good full length non selfie style photos for my blog but for now I hope the selfies are good for everyone. I do my best to get in as much as I can. Luckily I have long arms and I love my new iPhone 6S plus, I got the rose gold and love it. 

     Happy holiday shopping and style hunting. Have a great week ❤️ Xoxo 

Where to shop links:



6 comments:

  1. Both outfits are hot! I love those leather leggings and that skirt is fantastic I have never seen, will be back later to see link I have to order this. Love the tiops you picked and jewelry. You have a talent for adding the right jewelry to every outfit. Love your blog. Please post link for leggings and skirt. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am so happy you enjoy my blog. Means so much. I am going to add links for everything I can find later just got off work and have to go pick up my kids from school, do homework, make dinner and some other things then will add links. Check back later tonight. Thank you again. Have a great week xoxo

      Delete
  2. Omg I love this skirt with the heart top and those leather leggings are super sexy. I have been looking for a good pair without pockets. Going to have to get a pair of these. Addicted to your Instagram feed and now your blog you have the best stuff. Would love to have you make over my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I will get the link to the eBay shop I got my leggings up tomorrow and the skirt I can't find the exact same one for sure I think it may be the one I added the link for but not 100% doesn't look as full. Mine has a layer of mesh like material similar to tulle and then it is pleated perfectly, it looks like it costs a lot more than I paid for sure. I also got a black leather same length with pleating that is beautiful and a Pam&Gela a line knee length leather skirt just need to wear them to share. Have a great end of the week and thank you for your kind words. It always makes me happy to hear someone enjoys my blog that means that all my work isn't for nothing. Xoxo

      Delete
  3. You're a beautiful and very stylish woman. I love those leather leggings and that top. You rock the look perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you I am so flattered. You are so kind and the compliment made me blush. Thanks for leaving your comment and for the amazing compliment xoxo

      Delete