Friday, May 13, 2016

Overalls are Back and Just in time for Summer styling fun

OVERALLS
Summer Trend





I know everyone remembers the 80's and overalls. I even have some photos from the early 90's of myself wearing overalls. I use to love my overalls and a loose tee with some converse, they were my go to style when I wanted something stylish but comfortable. Working as a stylist and curator I see a lot of trends as they are starting to make a come back, usually from looking through look books, portfolios, ads, magazines, blogs and photos from fashion week for each season and of course the samples.  All the high end designers have some style of overalls in their summer lineups and a lot of them have been rocking overalls for a while now, but they really are making a come back this summer in full force.  I have already styled several types of jobs from swimwear lines using them as a coverup, bohemian shoots using a vintage, distressed, embellished or embroidered style overall with boho chic top and accessories. This is a trend you are going to see in all the shops and all over this summer, from Forever21, Asos, BooHoo, Wet Seal, Macy's, Nordstrom's, and then by designers like Rag and Bone, Levis, Current Elliott, Lucky Brand and many others...



                 Current Elliott Overalls 

The passed two weeks I have really seen and taken notice of the huge come back trend in overalls. Not just denim or jeans but cropped styles, shorts, culotte overalls, then linen, cotton, and so on. Being larger busted but small in the waist overalls aren't always flattering on my body. Denim tends to be the least flattering unless they have a smaller top section with thinner straps, and some have an adjustable waist for those who need to buy a larger size to fit larger chest areas. I will say that from trying on samples at work there is a style for everyone.  My coworker is 4'9 and she looks good in the really short, short overalls, and then skinny leg longer overalls.  I look best in a boyfriend style fit, something with a looser leg, and I really like the cropped or capri length or mid thigh length shorts. I also love styling them with all types of tops, sneakers, sandals and heels.  It all depends on the vibe or look you are going for.



Link for this dress in photo above: 
Forever 21 is always the first store I check when doing a blog post because they always have a large selection of the latest style trends and affordable prices for everyone's budget. 


Both of the top style denim overalls I could wear since the top is slimmer with thin straps, then I like them rolled up and loose like boyfriend style fit jeans on the bottom. Also like the culotte and skirt or dress versions. They have a ton of shorts from shortie shorts to bermuda length.


Some of my faves from higher end designers like Rag and Bone, Joe's jeans and Current Elliott. Love the patched dress by SYJP with tie straps super cute and right now multiple tone patched style denim is a big trend or wearing denim on denim. 


Asos.com has some super cute short overalls and an embroidered pair that look great with a loose tee or tank, then like I mentioned and added to my polypore looks above, I love them with an off the shoulder cropped top. You can wear shorter cropped style tops with overalls because they hid the midriff area for anyone who doesn't want to show too much skin. Overalls are even a good coverup for the beach. 

Below are some shopping links where you can find most of my favorite styles along with some other options for everyone. What do you think? Did you ever think you would be wearing overalls again and not for painting in? If you find the right fit, which there are so many options out there you will find a good fit no matter what body type you have. I put together some styling ideas like above, loose tees and tanks, cropped tops, off the shoulder and bardot tops, the styling choices and possibilities are endless. Great summer look that is effortless but cute. 

Happy Friday hope everyone has an amazing weekend,
 Peace and Love to all. 


Xoxo 


Where to shop: 




No comments:

Post a Comment