Thursday, June 16, 2016

Summer Bikini preview

Happy summer to all, now that summer has officially kicked off I'm getting all my new swimwear for the season together. I'm still waiting on my Boys + Arrows Deb the desperado and Petra the punk in Bones pattern to arrive, super excited I won a contest for another Boys + Arrows bikini by Nomad Chic, won the Baja bikini. Pumped for it to arrive along with some other L Space pieces. 


I have a few bikinis I found at Target in the spring when they had their buy one get one half off sale, my daughter also has several styles I gave her for her Easter gift. I got this reversible flag print bikini cause I had a credit and they had a sale. I love how you can wear the top either stripe print or stars. 

I also have stocked up on Victoria Secret bikinis. Being a larger busted woman I'm sadly going to miss their suits after they are all gone. I was sad to hear they won't be carrying swimwear anymore. Every year I find one suit I love and usually it's from VS because I can order my bra size so it actually fits me. I took advantage of their clearance and then additional 40% off, I ordered every color and pattern they had in my size along with style so I have tons of tops and bottoms not in the above photo. You will see more of them in the weeks to come. I also have my Mayan print reversible D cup L Space top the bottoms are in route and should arrive this weekend along with my Boys and Arrows suits which should be here any time now. The bottoms and new suit I won will ship Friday and then the top for the bones pattern should be shipped out already. 

In case you didn't see the designs I got, I also own a couple solids and one other print top in a different style. 


The top photo is my L Space Mayan top that is also reversible to solid black. The boys and arrows bikini on the left is the Baja print I won, and I purchased the top on the right off eBay. Have solid black, bronze, violet, navy and white bottoms. I will add shopping links and be sure to check out @nomadchicmx on Instagram. Peace and love always y'all.

Update my new Boys + Arrows suits arrived and I'm obsessed. Can't say enough about the quality and fit of these suits also the customer service from bothBoys + Arrows and NomadChicMX amazing. Thank you again to Tess from Boys + Arrows who went above and beyond as well as still assisting me with questions. Then I have to say Nomad Chic was amazing. I called to verify if the bottoms I ordered were full or minimal coverage and she grabbed me my size off the racks at an event in Los Cabos for surfing and then I entered their contest on Instagram and was thrilled to find out I won. I love my Baja suit and everything worked out amazing. Prior to this I owned a few odds in end pieces but never a full suit. I love every piece I own but these two are hands down my new favorites and I think the Bones pattern may go down as one of my all time favorite pieces I have owned. 

Also added this L Space bikini and solid bottoms to my collection with some amazing online and then a local small boutique had a sale of solids in same color tones. I don't think I'm going to need bikinis for a while but I'm sure when summer ends I will be stocking up to mix n match, they do great even mixing brands. Truly adore both brands. 


I got the top fits on sale for $40 then looked for bottoms wanted a solid pair so found the bottom left in a pale pink for $19 about twenty minutes after purchasing I found the bottom in the top two photos, these bottoms are my favorite especially with this style stop because the style is very close to the gypsy style bralette and hipster bottoms that have become popular. I can't usually wear them because even a L top won't cut it for me especially because most of the designers are Australian and their sizing there is smaller then our US sIzing. Now long story short I took my oldest daughter shopping just her and I since we don't have as much alone time with her little sister being a big time mama's girl, so we ended up in this little local boutique and they had this same bikini so I got to see how gorgeous the colors are, she had the bottoms like my Mayan ones in a pink that matches perfect and they are white on the opposite site. Loving reversible bikinis because you have so many options in one suite. I have one top that is actually two in one, then one print bottom that has two in one, one solid that is two colors and one solid. What's even better is these bottoms can be matched with some of my other tops. I have always been about mixing since I have always needed a separate top and bottom I use to by a bigger suit for the top and then several solid bottoms to mix n match. I'm also very aware of what colors look best with my skin tone and real hair color, I try not to figure in my fun colors because they change monthly sometimes I stick to what looks best with blonde hair. I also like full bottoms since I'm usually at the beach with my children and then their friends, family and other friends with kids I like to be covered but also feel comfortable to play in the sand and water not worrying about something slipping out. I feel so thankful and blessed, I would like to again say thank you to Tess at Boys and Arrows, the amazing crew at Nomad Chic MX and also a special thank you to Diane's swimwear for all your help. Diane's swimwear is another amazing spot for Boys and Arrows, as well as some amazing designers on their site for great prices. They have friendly and very helpful customer service 100%. 

Wanted to update and will have reveals soon along with some detailed reviews on the suits. I will review after wearing in water and washing. I will be hand wanna my suits and laying flat to dry. Hoping the white bottoms won't get sand in it where it leaves those little brown spots. I have some older suits after one beach outing they were never the same. I read somewhere if you stretch the fabric you can pick the sand out. I actually started doing this and after about 30 seconds I laughed, there was no way lol I would rather buy a new suit before I did that.

Where to shop:

www.Lspace.com

www.boysandarrows.com

www.target.com

www.victoriasecret.com

http://nomadchic.mx

www.dianesbeachwear.com

No comments:

Post a Comment