Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Spell and the Gypsy Sayulita Flower Child

With my upcoming 40th birthday on August 27 I splurged a little on the latest Spell drop. Sayulita from their Flower Child collection is amazing. Love the colors and floral print. Then the designs are very feminine vintage 1970 vibes. The denim pieces are amazing and so happy I went with the jeans because they ended up being one of my fave pieces from the collection. 

If you have followed me since I started blogging Spell graphic tees and their mid to maxi length skirts have been a long time staple in my wardrobe. I also had an obsession with their jewelry and kimonos. About 4 years ago my love grew more and more now over 70% of my wardrobe and accessories is Spell or something similar in style. Bohemian, edgy rocker chic are my fave styles. I love long flowy dresses and flouncy skirts with graphic tops, bell bottom jeans, fringe, kimonos, wedges, clogs, vintage jewelry and distressed tees. Then I love leather, ripped jeans, band tees and edgy boots. 




The Sayulita frill strappy mid length dress in birthstone is a fave. I love the color since blue is my fave in all shades then the frill ruffle design of the front and back is beautiful. It really is a very lovely feminine look. The steps are adjustable and the back is very open with the ruffle right at the bottom of the open back. Here I belted it with a crochet tie belt, and paired with crochet cork bottom wedges from American Eagle. Bracelet is a turquoise beaded piece by Ettika jewelry. 


I don't usually like to post mirror style selfies but wanted to share the musk frill mini dress quickly. This is a Spell exclusive color and also purchased the yellow both in L. Keeping this color and either selling for what I paid for it or retuning the yellow. Want to save up for the next collection so decided I didn't need two of the same dress. It is really nice, it has an elastic waist, button down front with tie neck. It is a short play dress style but very cute with some boy shorts underneath and love it with a camisole under it with a couple buttons open or worn as shown here too. 



Last items I have worn is this wild moon singlet in a M, love the wolf and feather graphic print. The jeans are amazing, I almost didn't buy them cause I had heard so many say that they ran very small. I was also worried if I sized up to a L or XL them being very long and wouldn't want to hem them cause of the amazing embroidered and patch like details. I finally after placing two orders went back and decided since they had my size I had to try them. When I am not wearing Silver Jeans the only other jeans I wear are Free People super flares jeans cause I love the stretch to them and wide leg bell bottom style flare. These jeans are the most amazing fit and the details are insane. 

They have a very high waist which I love, two front pockets that I feel add to the look. Patches and embroidering all over but not so much that they look gaudy they actually look super cool in person. I wish now I had purchased the shirt and skirt but I'm very happy with the jeans. They have some stretch and a hidden side zipper.  I'm 5'8 and the length is almost perfect they are maybe a tad long but with my wedges they are perfect and usually I always wear a heel or wedge with jeans unless they are Capri or ankle length. If you are on the fence about the jeans and you love the vintage 1970 bell bottom look or free people flares you must buy these. 



You can shop all my looks using the links in my sidebar and I also have a link on all my social media accounts. You can access both the US and AU sites using my links. All ads for Spell on my page in sidebar are also one click links just simply click on the ad or photo that will direct you right to their site. I have the Flower Child graphic tee, sunflower mini dress, birthstone and black old style bras and bloomers and then the birthstone frill mini skirt still to share from my first batch then I also ordered the black pant set, birthstone blouse, and the new style triangle lower cut bra in birthstone coming from a late night restock last night. My mom got me the white lace clover dress and then have another tee I want that should be released any day now. Stay tuned to my social media and blog for more photos coming soon. Thank you and happy end of summer to all. Hope all the kids are enjoying their first weeks of school. 

Peace love and light always xoxo 

For all my ladies always asking about sizing cause I know I am always asking others about sizing also, I am wearing a XL in jeans which I was told they run very small and they do.  I normally wear a size 28 in jeans.  Mini dresses are all size L, mini skirt is a L, and any other questions on any sizing please comment below.  I will always answer back.


No comments:

Post a Comment