Thursday, February 4, 2016

Spring Metallics

It is almost spring and it looks like for most of the country we may have an early spring this year. Luckily the winter wasn't as cold as it has been in passed years for those in the colder states. Luckily for me its spring and summer year round here so we don't get much cold weather, I sometimes wish it was colder so I could wear more winter fashion and styles but then when I see all those snow photos, and think of dealing with those freezing temperatures I am grateful for the cool fronts we get here in Florida that normally are at the coldest 40/50's in the evening and 70's in the day time. 

My favorite part of spring is planning our annual spring break vacation and the fact that summer break is only a few months away. I have survived the first half of the school year and will soon be rewarded with summer break, quality time with my family, sleeping in passed 5:30 am, says at the beach or pool side at our house and summer trips. 

Working in the fashion business I am blessed to get to see all of the spring and summer fashion trends as they are being released, sometimes even before the rest of the world is getting to see them. Usually all of the season fashion trends will be leaked by other stylists and fashion reporters before trends hit the runways. I have already done several posts on the hot trends to keep your eye out for this year, including the metallics. I featured a post earlier this year on metallics for spring featuring the silver leather mini skirt from the Kendall and Kylie collection, I shared a similar skirt I found on eBay by Sanctuary for way less but with the same lines, structure and feel. I am now going to share some other style skirts in metallics in different lengths and price points for those who like metallics for spring.


Kendall and Kylie have a line with TopShop, this silver Metallic mini skirt sold out quickly and retailed for $180, you can now find a few select sizes left online in different shops or on eBay. I found the below skirt on Nordstrom's site on sale for $94.99 


They only have sizes 4 and 6 left. If you don't want to spend close to $100 even on sale for this look you can check out the skirt I purchased below. 


I found this skirt on eBay through BHFO and it's made by Sanctuary. I won it in auction format for $10 plus shipping and it is way better then I had even expected. Pictures don't do it justice, this picture anyway didn't do it justice. When it arrived I was amazed at the quality of the faux metallic leather and how similar it really was to the TopShop skirt. It has a body-con tight fitted look and is a great length. Being taller at 5'8 with longer legs I sometimes try to avoid mini skirts or short dresses because they end up looking even shorter on my frame but this skirt fits me amazing, it is made for a woman's body more then a junior sizing like the TopShop style. Either way both skirts are gorgeous and look great with all types of tops, from tees, button downs, peasant tops, crop tops, blouses, and more. 

Pleated metallic skirts are all the rage right now and you can find them in mini, midi and maxi lengths. 


This pleated silver metallic skirt comes from Forever21 and is only $27.90. I love the pleats and high waist. These skirts look great with cropped tops and tanks. 


 I found this the above black waisted and silver pleated mini skirt at Express for $69 but it is currently on sale for $39.99. It also is high waisted but has more of a fan style thin pleat versus the larger box pleat look. This skirt can be dressed up or worn casual. 


Check out this lovely Gatsby inspired and 1970s feel in a pleated gold midi length.  I am obsessed with anything with a vintage vibe or look, this skirt has it that feel 100%. It is designed by Andrea Lieberman for the resort line 2016 by A.L.C and retails for $595. You know the bargain hunter in me would have to find something similar in style for my amazing followers. 




I found this Ralph Lauren skirt which is almost exact, it retails for $295 but I found many sizes on eBay listed for $50-89.97, depending on if you are bidding or buy it now. For $89.97 it is a great deal compared to $595 and you are getting the same feel and look. 

Below I added a couple other looks that are similar in where to shop.  I will add a link to the ebay items tomorrow am for anyone interested in ordering from eBay, you can search on eBay Ralph Lauren gold pleated skirt or Sanctuary metallic silver, or faux leather silver mini skirt.  

Hope you enjoyed my post on the gold and silver metallic skirts and will be sharing more on my love for midi length skirts tomorrow.  From solids, stripes, florals, textures and more, I have a love for the mid length a line 70's vintage look skirts.  I am going to share some of my favorites online now and in stores as well as some I own and wear often for work or play.  Good night XoXo

Where to shop:



1 comment:

  1. On point post love metallics for spring, I enjoy your blog and love your style

    ReplyDelete