Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Valentine’s Day

Happy almost Valentine’s Day, do you and your loved one celebrate the day of love or do you feel it’s over hyped? I use to meet people who believed Valentine’s Day was a day created by greeting card companies, florist must have been in on it also as well as all the chocolate companies too. Kidding of course but for sure I have some single friends or recently divorced who say Valentine’s Day is just a normal day. Do you have any rituals or romantic gestures your spouse or significant other and yourself share every year?

We always have gone out to dinner we use to go out on Valentine’s Day but we eventually started making reservations for the weekend or a few days prior or after just for more private time with less people or crowds. We always have a nice meal at home and I have always gotten flowers, a card, then my gifts have been from jewelry, camera equipment, books, a new phone and a vacation. This year we are planning a trip right now for a few weeks from now, I am sure I will be gettting some flowers maybe some chocolates and always a nice card. My hubby has always been romantic and very thoughtful. One of the reasons I fell in love with him was his way of expressing and showing how he feels, and always treating me like a queen.

We have been doing a lot of stuff around the new house. It is coming along. I’m trying to make lists and set goals for these projects because I have 5-6 projects left I want to do and a few walls needing some paint because I painted the spaces we needed to set up first, then I have been starting multiple projects and then I have ran out of our main color paint need it to cut in some trim then finish a few spaces. Painting has been the most daunting because we had to paint the entire house, every wall, but once it’s all done it’s so rewarding then it’s always fun how paint can transform a space.  I also love the accent and texture adding board and batten can add to any space from large or small to entire room or one wall only.

Working on some fun collaborations for my followers. Have the Loloi Rugs & Magnolia Home Collection collaborations right now, you can get my Lotus Magnolia Collection Rug in black and silver, I have the smaller entry rug and the runner here in our entry way. I also have the Skye collection Sky Brick and teal runner coming soon in our kitchen. Love the pops of blues, peach/blush  and corals. Be sure to check out my Instagram posts for links and I will update my side bar for y’all to shop my home..





No comments:

Post a Comment