Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Magical Holiday light display and porch decor







U







 Hello, today I’m going to share with you my magical yard display of lights and inflatables, then our red and green classic Christmas porch decor, all thanks to Old Time pottery.


I always love to visit Old Time Pottery every season or holiday for new decor at affordable prices. I was so excited to get some new decor for our front yard. The way our home is built lights only really are easy to put up only on the front peak above the porch of our home. The second levels and transom is very high and then just not practical, as great as it would look we have gotten a few quotes and it would cost 2-3k. We usually put lights up on the first level but this year my husband has been super busy working due to the two hurricanes in 5/6 weeks that hit this area. Instead I decided this year I was going to decorate myself and keep it affordable but simple. 


I created a list of items I needed. From prior years I had a few items already on hand but knew I wanted to change up a few things to make it easier since my hubby wouldn’t be able to help. Since I was a little girl I have always decorated out palm trees with white lights wrapped around the lower base of the palm tree then I would use strands of green lights and green zip ties to wrap each palm frond giving it a beautiful look,  Last year my youngest daughter helped me and it was a lot of work just the two of us and I’m afraid of heights so a ladder isn’t my fave. This year I decided to use green spot lights which I found a spotlight with 4 colors red green blue and white at Old Time Pottery, I purchased two of these, then I also got 1 40ft green extension chord, 1 25ft green extension chord with 3 plugs, 4 10 ft extension chords along with the plug for the main outdoor outlet that has 2-3 plugs for the chords and a timer, remote or  Dusk to Dawn setting. These make it much easier for your outdoor lights I forget to turn off so have a timer set or can just use the remote control. I wish I had gotten 4 spotlights cause I love the look of the spotlight shining up at the fronds but for now live how it turned out. 


I also picked up a light up Snoopy, 2 outdoor decorative pillows, 2 wreaths and red ribbons, 2 battery operated strands of timer controlled twinkle lights for the wreaths, window or glass suction cups, decorative rug, black pottery planters to match, faux poinsettia plant and combined with some items I had from fall like my solar powered lantern style light by front door.  I purchased the gingerbread inflatable and the Christmas tree with Santa and presents both from Old Time Pottery the prices were so good and they were so fun. 


It took me about 2 hours to set up the decor and lights but I will say it is truly magical every night getting to sit outside and enjoy them or hear the smaller kids when they walk by with their parents. In our county where we live they have a holiday homes light list and we have a home on our street on the list so we get lots of traffic on our street so it’s always nice to see how many others get to enjoy our fun lights. I would sure love to go all out like my father always did or Clark Griswald lol from Christmas Vacation, but for this year being done by myself I think I achieved a great look and at a great price. I love too I was able to get the chords and remote control timer plugs so got years to come I can use those to grow my light show. 


Happy holidays, Peace, love and light always 


Melissa 


No comments:

Post a Comment