Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Falling for our new home

Hello my friends and long time followers. I have had the most hectic passed few months but all in all it has truly been the best and most amazing time in our life. My oldest daughter graduates from high school, got accepted into her dream college and got a scholarship. We couldn’t be more proud of her and she is attending my fave college, have loved their footballl team most of my life.

I know I had promised prior to moving, closing on our home and the major changes in my life that I would be relaunching my blog. I had hoped I could relaunch this exact same blog on blogspot but have not had the most success with getting them to answer me back about how I can change my blog to the new platform. I am working now on seeing if I will start a new blog connected to this one here on blogspot or if I need to change platforms. I started this blog close to ten years ago and it was my 3 blog I started over 2-3 years. I have had so many tell me that they can’t follow the blog like how you usually can that most have to follow me via email or bloglovin.






I have to admit I really love instagram it is easy to post and share with you all, but I have to say there is something about blogging I have always truly enjoyed and loved. I have blogged through my life since becoming a mother and it has really been a great way to share my passion for fashion, home decor and creative ideas. I love to share no time only ideas but deals I find and other fun stuff. For me blogging was social media, Pinterest and a friend network all in one.

Below I want to share some photos of our new home. I shared a lot photos of our home being built which was a fun experience. At the same time it has been a stressful one, add into the mix the fact we moved far from all our family and friends, had our oldest leave for college, dealing with the stress of contractors and issues with the building process, trying to decorate, unpack, paint and find stuff for the new house. Wow it’s been a crazy whirlwind but I wouldn’t change a thing. I have been very sick for a few weeks now with a cold then now a kidney thing, but I have taken this time I have that is down time where I’m not crazy working on a huge to do list, to start working on things with my blog, social media, pinterest and getting my stuff all organized before 2018 ends.











I have some fun new brands I am collaborating with from home decor, furniture and bedding brands to my favorite fashion designers and brands as well. I also still work with most of the same brands I have been either an affiliate, brand rep or amabsssor and partner with from when I started this journey a decade ago. Every brand I work with is always a positive experience and I can tell after a week if a partnership is a good fit for myself and those who follow me.



Be sure to check out my Instagram over @cr8tivewanderlust where you can find one of my fave collabs with Grove Collaborative


Here are some exterior photos of our Crafstman style home. I wanted to share fall decorated photos so you can get into the festive mode. I am still unpacking so it’s a process of remembering what I have already from many years of decorating for the holidays then last year when we had the house being built I was buying stuff on sale at the end of each holiday or season also. I have gotten some items like acrylic paint, spray paint, rub and buff (a great new friend on IG introduced me to this product I will be sure to share her user name when I share my project I did using it) some ribbon I got on sale last winter after Christmas at Hobby Lobby with black and white check plaid and bows. I am simply trying to save funds since it’s been an expensive build and move to repurpose as much of our decor we had as I can. We were blessed to get a lot of our furniture and decor new but I had a year to save up and sell off my old decor or furniture also.

Halloween wreath and decorated entry



Here are a couple of the interior of the home. I will share much more of the home as well as decor projects we are working on in the weeks and months to come.  For now I just wanted to make sure all my friends and followers know I am not gone that I’m here and thinking of all of you. I’m excited to share our new journey with you. It’s not just about a new home and home decor it’s about our lifestyle changes for health, moving to a new area hours and hours away from everyone, new schools, new jobs, a daughter away at college,  so many changes but overall in 20 years of marriage I can’t complain. My husband always does the best for myself and our children.









Thank you again for passing by, I hope to be able to figure out what I am doing next as far as the blog in the next few weeks. Keep an eye out here for my new link if I change but really want to keep my same blog. I’m not about deleting all my old photos to repost them again years later to appear like new content or to cover up something. I continue to create and remain authentic always. Sending lots of peace, love and light always xoxo.

Melissa

Cr8tivewanderlust


Fall decor and wreath in entry 
Grove Collaborative

1 comment: