Friday, October 2, 2015

Affordable Fall Home Decor Ideas

Happy Fall Y'all

It is official today is the first day of October and even though it still feels like summer where I live and will continue to feel this way pretty much the rest of the year, except for the occasional cool front, it is fall.  Usually I go all out for every holiday and season decorating, ever since we got our first apartment over twenty years ago I have loved to go over the top for the holidays.  As I have gotten older and my kids have aged I am slowly getting less and less into decorating every space of the home, and sticking to the entry, and family room with the occasional decor accents in the kitchen or dining room.  Christmas is the only holiday I still enjoy going all out for.  I still decorate and to some it may be going all out but to me it is a lot less then we are use to.

I started off the season already changing all the plug in heated scent warmers, candles and hand soaps to fall scents, my front entry outside has a fall welcome mat and Halloween witch themed wreath that I made a few years ago.  My indoor entry way is all decorated and decided instead of pulling all the ghosts and goblins of Halloween pasts, I would just take a gift Target gift card I had for $100 and grad a few items to give the house a warm and cozy fall fell without going to over the top.  Below are some of my favorite items with links, and then I will high light the items I used myself.  Enjoy and hope where ever you live you get to enjoy that crisp fall air and the beauty of the leaves changing.  I know I look forward to seeing all the photos from my friends and family that live up north as well as from my Instagram and social media friends posts.  Happy Fall Y'all and hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween also. XOXO




Spritz 'Happy Halloween' Cut Out Wooden Sign
Happy Halloween Sign $5

Hung this sign above my stove in my kitchen, we have always had a witch theme in the kitchen so it fits in perfect with my witches menu on the counter.



Halloween Spooky Decor Bottle
Spooky Decor Bottles $5

Added these to my buffet in Dining room along with some flasks and wine glasses.


Halloween Spooky Mini-Pumpkins - 8ct




Used these to accent the buffet and mantle.

EV Halloween Stemless Wine Glasses - Assorted
Stemless Assorted Wine Glasses $1.99

These are sitting on my buffet server in my dining room with a few small black and gold accented decorations.


Halloween Spooky Decor Pumpkin - Small - Gold/Black SpotsHalloween Spooky Decor Pumpkin - Small - Gold/White Horizontal StripesHalloween Spooky Decor Pumpkin - Small - Black/Gold Sparkly Stripes




Halloween Spooky Studded Pumpkins - GoldHalloween Spooky Studded Pumpkins - Black


In Store Only Spooky Studded Pumpkins $6.00

I scooped up a couple of the studded pumpkins along with a few of the printed ones above to scatter in areas that needed a little festive feel.



Halloween Midnight Lace Mesh Mantle Scarf - out of stock


Mesh Lace Mantle Decor $9.99

I have something very similar to this I have had for years that I purchased at Party City along with a matching table cloth for my dining room table.  Love the touch it adds.

Halloween Black Gauze FabricTable Cloth - out of stock

Halloween Black Gauze Fabric for Mantle or Table $2.99

A less expensive option if you want to dress up your mantle or entry table, these come in black, gray and white.  They really do add just that little something to put your decor on and have that festive feel.


Spritz Halloween Flask - 5oz

Assorted Halloween Flasks 5oz $5.00

Grabbed two of these thought they went great with the black and gold decor accents I got for my buffet in dining room.



Halloween Burlap 'Happy Halloween' Garland
Happy Halloween Burlap Garland $12.00

I have a different banner then this for my entry I got at Joanne's fabric and then grabbed a white and burlap one I could not find from Target this year for Fall.



Copper Faceted Lantern - S

Copper Faceted Lantern $16.99

I got one of these and have a pretty small succulent in it for the ottoman in living room then some small pumpkins around it.



Birch Bark Pumpkin - Small - Smith & Hawken™

Birch Bark Small Pumpkin $9.99

Added to my ottoman, table in the living room for just a small touch of fall.

72"L Glass & Plastic Acorn Garland


Was unable to find the lights I got off one of the end caps in the decor section, but these are a little similar.  I got white and tan acorn looking lights along with a tan and white Hello Fall banner.  Both match and are made by the same company will have to pull out the boxes from the storage bin to get the names.  The lights were $9.99 and the banner $4-5.99.





Threshold™ Plaid Chenille Throw Orange





Threshold&#153 Cable Knit Throw Pillow








Just adding some fall throws and pillows with a mix of textures, patterns and colors will warm up the space and make it feel cozy.  I went with a plaid gray, orange and white throw, then a white and orange knit throw, with two cable knit pillows one in gray and then one in orange, with a plaid pillow.  Made the room feel so warm and cozy, along with bringing that fall feel without pushing to much decor.  XOXO


4 comments:

  1. Did you by any chance get some of the burlap pumpkins from the front of the store by the dollar stuff? Love them. Loving all the plaid stuff at Target. Hooked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did, I actually got one that was falling apart and had to hot glue it because I needed a matching set but they only had two. Was sad but didn't know if I would be able to find another one and wasn't a big deal just used my hot glue gun to fix it quick. These were also in the same section above with the gold and white with black. Only $3 love it. I had a gift card other wise I would have just used some of the ten bins of decor I have from the many years accumulated but was out with my oldest daughter having a mom daughter day and we used the gift card for redoing our family room with the plaid blanket, and sweater material pillows. Really looks good and is so cozy. As I get older I am starting to really like simplicity. I have always loved decor and we have tons of Halloween and fall stuff but wanted to really scale it down. My energy isn't what it use to be and have a lot going on with my health. Thank you for sharing. I also love the plaid decor. It's all super cute and gives my home that warm feeling. Have a happy fall and Halloween. 🎃🍂✌️

      Delete
  2. My target restocked the burlap pumpkins and they have some with a chevron pattern also for $3 very cute. Just wanted to give a heads up because I had mentioned I had a hard time finding them a couple of weeks ago when I started decorating. Enjoy and happy fall to all. ✌️

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother suggested I would possibly like this website.
    He was entirely right. This put up actually made my day.
    You cann't believe just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!


    Here is my web-site; planters wart

    ReplyDelete