Monday, April 1, 2013

The war over the chandelier and ceiling fan in master bedroom

I have always wanted a gorgeous crystal chandelier in my master bedroom.  We are in the process of finally completing a year in the making, renovation to our master bedroom.  It is funny how often I talk to other women and couples that say they always save the master bedroom as the last room in the home they decorate.  Our room was decorated but not to my liking.   We had purchased a bedroom set 7 years ago and then moved into our new home 4 years ago.  When we moved we had so many things to do to the house, from gutting, new kitchen, new flooring, new paint, new ceilings, new lighting and so on that we just kept the furniture we had.  Since then we have done our kids rooms, bathrooms, dining room and kitchen but our room was still just kind of plain.  Last year I started on our bedroom and bought some bedding, a chair, dressers to refinish, nightstands and then a headboard.  Later we picked our paint and then did crown molding now the headboard which is brown didn't match and the bedding was too dark.  I have been talking about this a lot in previous posts but I finally took the plunge and ordered a new bed from Z Gallerie.  It is my dream bed and I love it.  I also ordered some euro shams from Pottery Barn and am getting some new curtains this week.

I can't wait to get my new bed, it is on back order and says 3-4 weeks for delivery, but this gives me time to get everything else I want together.  I don't need much since I got the french dressers and painted them, have lots of mirrors and frames for walls, then a rug, some bedding etc.  I have wanted to get a chandelier but my husband likes having a ceiling fan. We have had this debate for awhile and I have been thinking of alternative ideas, I was thinking a medium sized one over my nightstand on my side of the bed, but then came across a light kit for the ceiling fan, we have lower ceilings in our home since it is older so worried that it may hang down low but the fan is over bed so no one will stand under it and a chandelier will hang pretty low too.  I think that I may have come up with a reasonable compromise, I can't believe that there aren't more options for this out there considering how popular fans are and now chandeliers are huge especially in bedrooms.  I would think that more companies would have a lot of options but I googled and searched, it was hard to find one in silver, my current fan is silver and don't want to replace it, it is a Hunter fan and we love the fan.  I found the one below when googling and think it is pretty, it may work=).  I am going to show my hubby and see what he thinks, it is expensive $230 for just the light kit, and a little curious how it will look but going to keep searching and will update when I find more or other options.

I can't wait to reveal my room when it is done.  I am super excited about my new bed.  Since we moved into our house we have only bought a few new pieces of furniture and this one I am super happy about.  I also love our dining room set from Haverty's with the marble top.  It is gorgeous.  I am looking now for a large leather sectional for our living room, and going to be painting over the next couple weeks an accent wall in dining room and the hall where the kids rooms and bathroom are.  My bedroom is a gorgeous gray color with thick white base boards and crown molding.  I love Benjamin Moore paint, this is pretty much the only brand we use, I once got paint from Home Depot, Behr and wasn't impressed at all.  I always love the colors and quality of Benjamin Moore paint and it is worth every dollar you spend.  I painted our home 4 years ago then since then have repainted a few walls for accent and they look amazing.  I like the egg shell finish for the bedrooms and living areas.

Going to go enjoy the rainy weather and finish folding laundry, almost caught up after ten days of being on vacation.  Then relax time, have lots of tv to catch up on, on tivo=).

Have a great first week of April and happy April's fool's day=).

M

4 comments:

  1. I'm as surprised as you are that there aren't much options for couples like you who couldn't decide whether to have a chandelier or a ceiling fan in your bedroom. But that one was a great find! It's a ceiling fan with a mini chandelier, which answers both of your concerns. Well, are you taking this one? I hope you do, so you can get the renovations done and finally let us see your new bedroom! :)
    Brooklyn Fan & Blower Sales Company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have most of the renovations done and have showed updated photos of the bedroom, we ended up not changing out the fan yet, hubby won. Thank you for ready my blog and check more recent posts for more updates on the master bedroom.

      Mel

      Delete
  2. I want that ceiling fan/chandelier in your picture . Where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work!
    best mist fan supplier in dubai 2018

    ReplyDelete