Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Birchbox April 2013 box review

Hey there everyone, thoughts and prayers going out to the people in Boston. It has been hard to watch and breaks my heart, thoughts and prayers to everyone involved. I haven't been able to watch much of the news today but I hope they have more answers soon.

I got my Birchbox yesterday and usually post early but given everything going on when I got home I didn't even open my box till late last night. Forgot I had gotten it because I walked in and set it down then my mom came in and told me what had happened. Very hard to see anything like this happen:(.

This month Birchbox teamed up with Women's health and put together this box. I was impressed how many items were in the box, seems as Birchbox grows more popular that more items start to come:). Always happy to receive more items, you will never hear me complain about getting free samples, well not free because the box costs $10 a month but for ten bucks u think it is a great deal!

Birchbox titled the box, Tiny tweaks, BIG results. Like Birchbox wrote on the card, We all know that the little thing-weekly face masks, nightly eye cream or five minutes in the sunshine-can make all the difference:). This is so true. When I take some extra time to apply a deep conditioning mask, eye cream, paint my nails or do my hair I feel amazing not to mention looking great.

Off to the items in the box lol:). Starting with the first item that caught my attention, Hail Merry Chocolate Macaroons. I love macaroons and enjoy baking them when ever I have the time. These decadent treats are raw, vegan, gluten free, and made with only organic and natural ingredients. These retail for $5.00 and I will be trying this later tonight.

Caudalie, Divine oil. Made with a blend of grape, argan, hibiscus, and sesame oils, this multitasking wonder gives skin, hair, and nails a gorgeous glow. I have become a huge fan of argan oil and natural oils for the body and hair. I love how moisturizing they are and can't wait to try this item out:). Retails in full size for $9-49 depending on size.

Juice Beauty, Stem cellular repair cc cream. Move over BB creams. This color correcting wonder is part mineral sunscreen, part organic antioxidant serum, and part skin perfecting tiny. Retails for $39 full size. I enjoy the bb creams out there. I love tinted moisturizers, for years I have used a tinted lotion on my legs and it gives me a healthy glow whether I am tan or not. I love this for the face, I am not a fan of foundation or heavy makeup so this is great. Not only are you moisturizing, but also covering flaws and protecting your face, who doesn't love that:)?

Ojon, rare blend Deep conditioner. Overhaul strands with the new dual-phase conditioner, which uses a blend of shine boosting plant oils to repair damage to hair. Don't think I have to say that this is an item I enjoy. I deep condition and use hair masks often this is an item I will use:). I need to start writing more reviews on these items as I use them. I was doing that but I get so busy with my kids and life I forget from time to time. I promise I will be doing this more often again. This item retails for $34 full size.

Supergoop! Advanced SPF 40 anti-aging eye cream. At last: an eye cream with serious sun protection. Plus, the innovative formula has oat peptide complex to firm skin. Full size $45. Everyone loves anti-aging eye creams. I have used oil of olay products since I was young, maybe 14. My grandma had amazing skin and she use to tell me she used Dove facial soap along with Oil of Olay and Shaklee, which she sold at the time. When I was around 14 she started giving me makeup, cleansing products and creams. I think it has helped a lot, my biggest recommendation is to avoid the sun, I had been told this from young and I have to say that is the ont thing other then hormones that has affected my skin. I know around the time I was pregnant with my second daughter I noticed dark spots when I would get sun, these cleared after I gave birth but re-appear when ever I get too much sun or if I go on birth control. I have since become a huge sun screen user and wear hats. My dermatologist helped a lot with this problem, she prescribed a lightening cream that worked amazing, without over drying my face, only issue was that I would bleach my pillowcases. I have purple or bright colors in my hair so I use to use dark pillowcases because this would not show hair color when it bleeds, but now I use white then I can bleach if dye gets on them and the bleach marks don't show:). Crazy the things we discover over the years lol.

Beauty extra was the Elizabeth Arden, visible difference skin balancing cleanser, serum and lotion samples. This spa inspired trio includes a gently exfoliating cleanser, serum, and moisturizing, oil free lotion. Full sizes range from $20-49.50. Love these for travel bags since they are small and usually one or a few times use. The life style extra was the chocolate macaroons:). Love sweets every now and then when I am trying to diet, stay in shape, or keep away from fattening things. Love that these macaroons are vegan, gluten free and made with organic ingredients.

Enjoy the below photos of the Birchbox for April 2013 and I will have reviews for items coming soon. Have been sick so behind on everything. Have a great week:).

5 comments:

  1. I am getting better thank you, slowly. How are you? Back to work yet? I am looking forward to the summer=). I got to email you tomorrow want to send out your box

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to hear you are feeling better. I started back to work on Tuesday and I must say IT'S GREAT to be out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great you are back at work:). I know you were getting stir crazy stuck at home lol. I am going to email you this weekend so I can get your address again can't find it, want to send box next week on payday. Missed your birthday and surgery, wanted to get it to you before you had surgery. Hey better late then never lol. Have a great weekend:). Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to take part in a contest for one of the most useful sites on
    the web. I am going to highly recommend this blog!

    My site: Pure Cleanse

    ReplyDelete